DoP staff Salary Account with India Post Payments Bank (IPPB)
All circles are requested to popularize opening of salary account with IPPB of all DOP staff who are drawing salary below 2 lakh and link their respective POSA accounts with the IPPB accounts.
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated 02nd November 2021
Subject: Opening of DoP staff Salary Account with India Post Payments Bank (IPPB).
I am directed to refer to this Directorate’s letter of even No. dated 11.12.19 on the subject mentioned above vide which circles were requested to ensure the wide publicity of features of SBDOP scheme and promote SBDOP scheme among the DoP staff including those who are identified as end users & super users for IPPB operations.
2. IPPB is offering bouquet of services like Saving account / Current account, remittance bill payments, NEFI, RTGS, IMPS. etc. to its customers. The following benefits are for IPPB salary account holder:
• No charges on self-mode remittances i.e. Money transfer transactions like IMPS, NEFT will be free through Mobile app
• No Charges on non-maintenance of Monthly average balance
• Lower charges for banking services through assisted channels
• Free unlimited cash Deposit and Cash withdrawal transactions
• wide variety of 3rd party products & financial services
° Life Insurance
° General Insurance
° Mutual funds
° Jeevan Praman
° Aadhaar mobile updation
° Child Aadhaar enrolment
3. Circles have made efforts and a result of total 2.70 lacs account (major account of GDS) has been opened with IPPB account (circle wise list attached). Many more staff are still untapped with IPPB account. As IPPB being the DoP’s own bank can provide better services to all staff members. In all banks, salary of their own staff and staff of associate organizations are paid in the bank account of their bank only. DoP has huge number of staffs including GDS and we can promote among them to utilize the IPPB services.
4. In this context, all circles are requested to popularize opening of salary account with IPPB of all staff who are drawing salary below 2 lakh and link their respective POSA accounts with the IPPB accounts and to create the awareness of the benefits of salary account in IPPB among all staff.
Encl: As above
(Mithilesh Kumar Mandal)
Copy for information to: –
1. MD & CEO, IPPB.