Senior Postmaster Duties in Post Office
Here below the List of Senior Postmaster duties and powers as per Postal Manual, SB Manuals and India Post Website
Senior Postmaster duties and responsibilities are laid down in different Postal Manuals, Savings Bank Manuals and other Regulations dealing with financial transactions etc. However, some of the important duties are as follows:
- Will perform the personal duties prescribed in the various Postal Manuals, Fundamental Rules (FRs) & Financial Hand Book (FHB) except those delegated to the Dy. Postmaster and assistant Postmaster.
- Will exercise general supervision over all the branches and carryout the annual inspection of all departments in accordance with the standard questionnaire.
- Will supervise the opening of Dak- ordinary and registered.
- Will be responsible for maintaining discipline and control, grant of leave to staff, sanctioning advances like festival, leave salaries, reimbursement of medical bills, and Temporary & Final withdrawals from GPF and authorizing OTA to staff.
- Will maintain CRs in respect of PAs and Group officers.
- Will perform duties of drawing and disbursing officers as prescribed in FHB Vol – I.
- Will sanction claim cases relating to SB, RD, MIS, etc accounts and savings certificates, process and forward cases of arrears of pay and allowances and pensions.
- Will be in charge of staff, investigation branches, undertake investigation / Enquiries into fraud/loss cases concerning HO and sign references (other than routine ones) addressed to SSPOs, PMG and AO.
- Will ensure prompt action is taken on VRs / IRs (Rule 157-Vol. V) and maintain the postmasters order book for recording changes, tests applied etc. (Rule 50 Vol. VI).
- Will issue PO Identity cards to general public and maintain all connected records therewith.
- Will write postmasters balance sheet (Rule 43 FHB Vol II).
- Will review the objection registers maintained by SBCO and exercise general supervision over the branch.
- Any other duty or responsibility assigned to him from time to time.
Source : IndiaPost