SB Order 21/2022 – Amendment in Post Office Passbooks
SB Order 21/2022 – According to this Order, Department of Posts decided to Print IFSC Code on Cover Page of Passbooks.
|Letter Number||SB Order 21/2022|
File No. 114-02/2002-SB (Pt-1)
|Issued by||Department of Posts|
|Subject||Amendment in SB-5 and SB-5A passbooks used in Post Offices —|
|Signed By||AD (SB-I)|
|Download PDF||Click Here|
This has the reference to SB Order No. 28/2020 and addendum, issued vide this office letter No. 114-02/2002-SB (Pt.I) dated 10.08.2020 and 24.09.2020 respectively.
2. POSB has been allotted unique IFSC code in connection with implementation of NEFT / RTGS service for POSB Account Holders for funds transfer through NEFT / RTGS payment channels. In order to publicize the availability of NEFT/RTGS service in POSB and for quick reference to the account holders, it has been decided by competent authority for printing of IFSC code in the first page of the passbook as well as on the title page of the passbooks.
3 In connection with the celebration of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ (AKAM), printing of AKAM Logo on the title page of the POSB passbooks, as instructed in the Lr. No. FS-14/5/2021-FS-DOP dated 22.11.2021 shall be continued.
4. Accordingly, revised title page(s) for SB-5 and SB-5A with AKAM Logo and without AKAM Logo are enclosed for information and further necessary action. These revised cover pages will be used for new procurement / printing. Other specifications (i.e. size, paper, thread etc.) will remain same as already
5. Existing stock of passbooks should continue to be used till it is exhausted.
6. This may be circulated to all the Offices for information and necessary actions.
7. This is issued with the approval of competent authority.