How to Apply Online Rule 38 Transfer in DOP
Instructions to Employee for submitting online application for Transfer under Rule 38 – How to Apply Online
Department of Posts has introduced automated process for receiving / processing transfer requests under Rule-38 of Postal Manual Vol.IV. Presently, this facility is available for the ASP/IP/PA(CO/RO)/PA(SBCO)/PA(FPO)/PA (PO)/SA/Postman/Mail Guard/MTS cadres of all Units.
Step wise procedure for submitting application/acceptance or declination of approved transfer
- Employee has to login to the portal https://apps.cept.gov.in/rule38requests The following login
screen will appear.
- Registration / Login
- Employee login requires Employee ID and Password.
- First time user to click on New Registration/Reset Password option. Thereafter, enter
Employee ID, desired Password and reconfirm Password for Registration.
- Before Registration of the Password, OTP confirmation is mandatory. OTP will be received on
the employee’s registered mobile. Mobile numbers have been taken from the available Rule
38 master data / CSI master data till 25.09.2022. If mobile number not available error occurs,
then it should be updated by requesting the Divisions to update the mobile number in the
Rule 38 master data.
- In case password is forgotten by the employee, request can be made to resend the password
to the registered mobile number by clicking forgot password link in the login form.
Confirmation through OTP is mandatory for this purpose.
- Change Password: Password can also be changed by the employee subsequently once the
password is set. For this purpose employee should click on the Change Password/Register
Password link in the login form and proceed to change the password. For this purpose employee
need to enter the old password and provide the new password and reconfirm the same. OTP
confirmation which will be sent to the registered mobile number, is required for change of
- Application submission:- In the Employee login, application for transfer can be submitted by giving the required information. For this purpose employee is required to click on the Request Form link in the menu.By clicking on the Request Form menu it will display the application form which shows the basic.
- details of the employee as per the master data and some additional information is required to be updated for the application submission. The following are the details of data:-
A. Non-editable :- Employee ID, Name, Cadre, Home Circle / Unit, Date of Birth, Date of Joining, Mobile Number, and Email ID will be in freezed status and cannot be edited. However, if the employee finds apparent error or want to change Mobile Number, and Email ID, formal request should be made to the Controlling Officer for correcting relevant information.
B. Information to be provided by the Employee in the following fields:-
- I. Mode of Recruitment: To be entered by the candidate/ editable.
- II. Group: Can be changed
- III. Designation : present post of working to be entered
- IV. Present office of working: Present place of working to be entered
- V. Date from which working in present post: to be entered / editable application will not be accepted within the 1 year from the date of working in the present post
- VI. Applying grounds: To be selected as per the grounds on which the Rule 38 request is sought like PWD/Terminal Illness/Compassionate/None of the above.
- VII. Note: In case of the ground of transfer request being Terminal illness appropriate prescribed document to be uploaded as proof, which will be verified.
- VIII. Type of Rule 38 applied: Inter Circle/Intra Circle: To be selected by the employee. Depending up on the cadres, the type of inter/intra will be freezed, i.e for the circle cadres like ASP/IP/PA (CO/RO)/PA (SBCO)/ PA (FPO), etc., option will be enabled only for the inter-circle.
- IX. No of Rule 38 availed: Information to be provided on the number of previously utilized Rule 38 number of the same kind (Inter Circle/Intra Circle) for which present request is made. For example, if the present request is for inter-circle transfer, the number of inter circle transfer already availed to be given. If maximum admissible number of chances already availed [Presently Two inter-circle transfer (Three in case of PWD)], further application cannot be submitted. Similarly, if the present request is for intra-circle transfer, the number of intra-circle transfer already availed to be given. If maximum admissible number of chances already availed, further application cannot be submitted.
- X. Date of last availed Rule38 Transfer: Date of last availed Rule 38 transfer in the type for which the present request is sought to be entered, i.e. if request is for inter circle Rule 38 and one chance is availed under inter-circle then the date of such inter-circle Rule 38 availed to be entered. Request cannot be accepted within 3 years of availing the same kind of Rule 38 Transfer.
- XI. Opting Circle: if the request type is inter-circle, employee needs to select the Circle where transfer is requested. In case of the intra-circle transfer, this will be freezed.
- XII. Preferences: Depending up on the cadre like PA/SA/PM/MG/MTS, 10 preferences of division choices can be opted, where as for the Circle cadre there is no requirement of opting any preferences.
- XIII. In case ‘Grounds of Applying’ is ‘Terminal illness’, supporting document as proof is to be uploaded before submission.
6) On successful submission of application, Unique Request ID will be generated, which may be noted
for future reference. You may One SMS/email in the registered mobile/email.
7) Wrong Application: Once submitted, application cannot be edited or employee cannot request or
correspond for modifications. In case application is submitted inadvertently or wrong information is
entered, employee can withdraw the application after login. Fresh application can be submitted with
8) Status Check:- Employee in the login can also check the status of application by clicking application
status. No representation shall be entertained for making modification to the registered request. In
case of such requirement, employee can withdraw the application through the “application status”
and submit a new request.
9) After provisional approval of transfer request, in employee login, Accept/Decline option will be
available for a period of 3 days. In case of ‘Decline’, request will not be considered further. However,
fresh application can be submitted. In case, the employee does not Accept or Decline within 3 days,
provisional approval shall be deemed to have been accepted by the employee and accordingly
transfer orders will be issued.