Recovery of Training Allowance (Induction house training) – DOP Order
Recovery of Training Allowance (Induction house training) in r/o resignation of Direct Recruit candidates – Order Dated 6th May 2022
F. No. 15-4/2015-SPB-I-Part(1)
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi – 110001
Dated : 6th May 2022
All Chief Postmasters General
Subject : Recovery of Training Allowance (Induction house training) in r/o resignation of Direct Recruit candidates – reg.
References have been received from Circles seeking clarification regarding recovery to be made from direct recruit candidates in the case of resignation.
2. In this connection, following Instructions may be referred to :-
i. Directorate, vide letter No. 15-4/2015-SPB-I dated 30.11.2017 discontinued the practice of execution of bonds for direct recruit Multi Tasking Staff, Mail Guard, Postal Assistant, Sorting Assistant and Inspector Posts at the time of joining.
ii. There are no instructions issued by Directorate which provide that a direct recruit candidates, who tenders resignation is liable to refund the pay and allowance disbursed to him during his training period. Also, there are no provisions to obtain any undertaking or bond from the officials to the said effect.
iii. A temporary Government servant can resign from Government service by giving a notice of termination of service under Rule 5(1) of the Central Civil Service (Temporary Service) Rules, 1965 which inter alia states that :
5. Termination of temporary service.
(1) (a) The service of a temporary Government servant shall be liable to termination at any time by a notice in writing given either by the Government servant to the appointing authority or by the appointing authority to the Government servant.
(b) the period of such notice shall be one month.
Provided that the services of any such Government servant may be terminated forthwith and on such termination, the Government servant shall be entitled to claim a sum equivalent to the amount of his pay plus allowances for the period of the notice at the same rates of which he was drawing them immediately before the termination of his services, or as the case may be, for the period by which such notice falls short of one month.
3. Thus, if Competent Authority decides to accept the resignation of any individual, he/she is not liable to refund the amount of pay & allowance disbursed to him for the period during which he/she underwent in-service training which would have been imparted to him/her before or after his/her posting.
4. These instructions will be applicable to the cases where officials started drawing pay and allowances for the date of joining service/training. Old cases settled otherwise will not be re-opened.
Assistant Director General (SPN)