System Based Error Book in SAP – DOP Order
This is regarding the functionality of “System based Error Book” developed in SAP System for reporting of day-to-day operational errors and it’s settlement and monitoring
File No. 9-08/2021-PD
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dated 05th April, 2022
All Chief PMsG/PMsG
Sub: Provision of System Based Error Book-reg.
This is regarding the functionality of “System based Error Book” developed in SAP System for reporting of day-to-day operational errors and it’s settlement and monitoring.
2. In the present environment, Any deviation/error i.e. short/excess/damaged receipt of articles/bags in the operative offices i.e. Mail offices/Delivery Offices are recorded/escalated manually. This process of manual handling of such errors/deviations results in delay of settlement/rectification and overall, there is no visibility of errors reported and resolved.
3. The purpose of “System based Error Book” with a dashboard to monitor all deviation captured and reported are as under.
(i) All deviation/errors will be captured and flagged in the system. Further, alerts have to be actionable by the office at default, which will be required to give inputs against the errors/deviation.
(ii) Errors could be classified according to severity.
(iii) A dashboard for monitoring of alerts flagged in the system and action taken has also been created for officers at various levels i.e. Division/Region/Circle .
4. In order to sensitize the operational staff as well as the administrative staff about this functionality of of “System based Error Book” , a user manual has been prepared and attached as Annexure for reference and to circulate it among the staff
5. Further, it is also required. That instructions may be issued to all Incharge/Supervisor of the operative offices to record the error/deviation only through this functionality and manual error reporting should be discouraged.
Encl: As above.
(Ajay Kumar Roy)
chief General Manager
Copy for information:
1) Sr. PPS to Secretary, Posts.
2) Sr. PPS to DG (Posts)
3) Member (Operations)
4) Director, RAKNPA
5) DDG (Training), Dak Bhawan, New Delhi-110001 with a request to include this user manual in the training module.
6) DDG (MO), Dak Bhawan, New Delhi-110001.
7) PTCs- Guwahati, Vadodara, Saharanpur, Darbhanga, Mysuru, Madurai for information and to include this manual in the training module.
8) GM (Operations), CEPT Mysuru with request to upload this User Manual on India Post Website under Employee Corner/Orders/Circulars of Division Parcel Directorate.