SOP for Appointment on Compassionate Ground in DoP
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to be followed for giving appointment on Compassionate grounds in DoP (Department of Posts)
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Parliament Street
Dated the 23rd March, 2022
1. All Chief Postmasters General / Postmasters General
2. Chief General Manager, BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate / PLI Directorate
3. Director, RAKNPA / CGM, CEPT / Directors of all PTCs
4. Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service, New Delhi
5. All General Managers (Finance) / Directors Postal Accounts / DDAP
Subject: Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to be followed for giving appointment on Compassionate grounds – regarding.
Madam / Sir,
It has been observed that Circles are following different procedure and modalities in processing cases of appointment on compassionate grounds. Lack of uniformity in processing such claims by different Circles has led to delay and complaints. In order to bring uniformity and improved transparency in processing applications for appointment on compassionate grounds, a need has been felt to prepare a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to handle applications received for appointment on compassionate grounds from the date of demise of Government official till appointment letter is issued. Accordingly, SOP as per Annexure broadly based on instructions issued by Department of Personnel & Training vide OM No.43019/9/2019-Estt.(D) dated 23.08.2021 is sent herewith for following the same for handling of applications received for compassionate appointment.
2. Circles will circulate the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to all of offices under their administrative control for dealing with requests/applications seeking appointment on compassionate grounds and ensure that SOP is followed in letter and spirit.
Assistant Director General (SPG)
Encl: As above.
- 1) PS to Minister of Communications
- 2) PS to Minister of State for Communications
- 3) Sr. PPS to Secretary (Posts) / Sr. PPS to Director General Postal Services
- 4) PPS/PS to Addl. DG (Coord.)/ Member (Banking)/ Member (Tech)/ Member (P)/
- Member (O) / Member (PLI) / Member (Planning & HRD)
- 5) Additional Secretary & Financial Advisor
- 6) Sr. DDG (Vigilance) & CVO/Sr. DDG (PAF)
- 7) Director General (P&T Audit)
- 8) Secretary, Postal services Board/ All Dy. Directors General
- 9) Chief Engineer (Civil), Postal Directorate
- 10) All Sections of Postal Directorate
- 11) All recognized Federations/Unions/Associations
- 12) GM, CEPT for uploading the order on the India Post website
- 13) Guard file
- 14) Spare copy