Revision in Recruitment Rules of Lower Division Clerk in PAOs
Department of Posts has decided to revise the RRs governing the appointments of Lower Division Clerk in Postal Accounts offices. Draft of the proposed RRs is attached herewith for comments of stakeholders
No. 251(01)/2014/PA Admn II/2739-2776
Government of India
Ministry of Communications,
Department of Posts,
PA Wing, Dak Bhawan,
Sansad Marg, New Delhi
Sub: Revision in Recruitment Rules of Lower Division Clerk in PAOs-circulation thereof.
The undersigned is directed to say that as per DoP&T OM No AB-14017/6112008-Estt (RR) dated 13.10.2015 the proposal for framing/amendment of Recruitment Rules (RRs) are to be uploaded on the website of respective Ministries/Departments for 30 days for inviting comments from the stakeholders.
2. Competent Authority in Department of Posts has decided to revise the RRs governing the appointments of Lower Division Clerk in Postal Accounts offices. Draft of the proposed RRs is attached herewith for comments of stakeholders.
3. All Stakeholders are requested to go through the draft Recruitment Rules and furnish their comments, if any, to the undersigned within a period of one month from the date of issue of the communications.
4. Draft RRs shall be available on the website of Department of Posts (www.indiapost.gov.in) during 01.01.2022 to 31.01.2022.
This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
Hindi version will follow.
Encl: As above.
Copy for information to:
- 1. All GM (F)/DA (P).
- 2. All Postal Federation and non-Federated recognised Service Association of Postal Accounts Cadre.
- 3. GM (CEPT), Mysore, A copy of draft notification of RRs on the aforementioned post is enclosed with a request to upload the same in the website of India post with Heading “Lower Division Clerk in PAOs from 01.01.2022 to 31.01.2022.
(Department of Posts)
(Postal Accounts Wing)
New Delhi, the OCTOBER 2021
GS.R ……………..In exercise of the powers conferred by the provision to article 309 of the Constitution and in supersession of (i) Circle Postal Accounts Officers (Junior Accountants, Stenographers and Lower Division Clerks) Recruitment Rules-2001 (ii) Circle Postal Accounts Offices (Junior Accountants, Stenographers and Lower Division Clerks) Recruitment Rules-2010 except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Lower Division Clerks in the Circle Postal Accounts Offices of the Department of Posts, namely :-
1. Short title and commencement.- (I) These rules may be called the Circle Postal Accounts Offices (Lower Division Clerks) Recruitment Rules 2021.
(II) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Application:-These rules shall apply to the posts specified in column (1) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Number of posts, classifications, pay level in pay matrix:-The number of said posts, their classification, level in pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in column (2) to (4) of the said schedule.
4. Method of recruitment, age limit and other qualifications, etc:- The method of recruitment, age limit, qualifications and other matters relating thereto shall be as specified in columns (5) to (14) of the aforesaid Schedule.
5. Initial constitution:- The personnel holding the posts on regular basis, before the commencement of these rules, shall be deemed to have been appointed in accordance with the provisions of these rules.
6. Sphere of duties and appointing authority: The Lower Division Clerk shall constitute the circle cadre. The Head of Postal Accounts Office shall be appointing authority for the post of Lower Division Clerk.
7. Training: All candidates shall, before appointment as Lower Division Clerk in the Postal Accounts offices undergo training for a period of two weeks.
8. Disqualifications:- No person, –
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having spouse living; or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to any of the said posts
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible, under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
9. Power to relax:-Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, for reasons to be recorded in writing, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
10. Savings:-Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age limit and other concessions required to be provided for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes,Other Backward Classes, Ex- servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of the post||Number of posts||Classification||Level in Pay Matrix||Whether selection cum- seniority or selection by merit or selection posts|
|(1) Lower Division Clerk||800 *(2021)|
* Subject to variation dependent on workload
|General Civil |
Service Group ‘C’
|Level-2 (19900-63200) |
|Whether benefit of added years of service admissible under Rule 30 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972||Age limit for direct recruits.||Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits.||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotees.||Period of probation, if any.|
|No||Between 18 and 27 years (relaxable up to 40 years for departmental candidate) Note: The||(i) 12th class pass or equivalent qualification from a recognized Board of University |
(ii) A typing speed of 35 w.p.m. in English or 30 w.p.m in Hindi
|Not applicable||2 years for Direct Recruitee|
|Method||In case of recruitment by promotion or||If a departmental promotion||Circumstances in|
|recruitment, whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/Absor- ption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods||Deputation/absorption, grades from which promotion or Deputation/ absorption is to be made||Committee exists, what is the composition||Which Union Public Service Commission is to be consulted in making recruitment|
|(i) By direct recruitment through Staff Selection Commission – 75%|
(ii) By promotion from MTS of Department of Posts on passing Departmental Examination – 25%
|For confirmation- (for Direct Recruitment only) : Chairman- Head of Office Member: Assistant Chief Accounts Officer and one senior officer to be nominated by the head of office.||Not Applicable|