Recruitment Rules of Multi Tasking Staff in PAOs – Framing
Sr DDG (PAF) has decided to frame the RRs governing the appointments of Multi Tasking staff in PAOs (Postal Account Offices) Draft pending approval of the proposed RRs is attached herewith for comments of stakeholders.
File No. 15 (1)/16/PA Admn I/5725-5750
Government of India
Ministry of Communications,
Department of Posts,
PA Wing, Dak Bhawan,
Sansad Marg, New Delhi
Sub: Framing of Recruitment Rules of Multi Tasking Staff in PAOS-circulation thereof.
The undersigned is directed to say that as per DoP&T OM No AB- 14017/6112008-Estt (RR) dated 13.10.2015 the proposal for framing/amendment of Recruitment Rules (RRs) are to be circulated among all the stakeholders for inviting their comments in the matter.
2. Sr DDG (PAF) has decided to frame the RRs governing the appointments of Multi Tasking staff in Postal Accounts offices. Draft pending approval of the proposed RRs is attached herewith for comments of stakeholders.
3. All Stakeholders are requested to go through the draft Recruitment Rules and furnish their comments, if any, to the undersigned within a period of one month from the date of issue of the communications.
This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
Hindi version will follow.
Encl: AS above
Copy for information to:
1. All GM (F)/DA (P).
2. All Postal Federation and non-Federated recognised Service Association of Postal Accounts Cadre.
MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATIONS
(Department of Posts)
New Delhi, the Oct 2021
G.S.R. ……….. In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Multi Tasking Staff in the Postal Accounts Offices in Department of Posts, namely:
1. Short title and commencement.-
(1) These rules may be called the Postal Accounts Offices (Multi Tasking Staff) Recruitment Rules, 2021..
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Application:-These rules shall apply to the posts specified in column (1) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Number of posts, classification and Level in the Pay Matrix.- The number of posts, their classification and the Level in the Pay Matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
4. Method of recruitment, age limit, qualifications, etc.-The method of recruitment, age limit, qualifications and other matters relating to the said post shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the said Schedule.
5. Sphere of duties and appointing authority: The Multi Tasking Staff shall constitute the circle cadre. The Head of Postal Accounts Office shall be appointing authority for the post of Multi Tasking Staff.
6. Training: All candidates shall, before appointment as Multi Tasking Staff in the Postal Accounts offices undergo training for a period of two weeks.
7. Disqualification.- No person,-
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) Who, having spouse living has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
8. Initial constitution:- The personnel holding the posts on regular basis, before the commencement of these rules, shall be deemed to have been appointed in accordance with the provisions of these rules.
9. Power to relax.- where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, and for reasons to be recorded in writing, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
10. Saving.- Nothing in these rules shall affect reservations and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, ex-servicemen, Other Backward Classes and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of Posts||Number of Posts||Classification||Level in the Pay Matrix||Whether selection post or non-selection|
*Subject to Variation dependent on workload
|General Central Service, |
Group ‘C’, Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial
|Level-1 in the Pay Matrix||Not applicable|
|Age limit for direct recruits||Educational other and qualifications required for direct recruits||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct direct recruits will apply in the case of recruits||Period of probation, if any|
|Between 18 and 25 years, (Relaxable for Government servants upto 35 years, for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes upto five years and for candidates belonging to Other BackwardClasses upto three years in accordance with the||(i) 10th standard pass from a Recognized Board.|
(ii) Knowledge of local language of the concerned State or Union territory. The candidate should have studied local language at least upto 10th standard. The local language of State or Union territory shall be published by Department of posts.
|Not applicable||Two years and successfull completion of the mandatory Training.|
|Method of recruitment whether by direct recruitment or by Promotion or by deputation/absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods.||In case of recruitment by promotion/deputation or absorption, grades from which promotion/ deputation or absorption to be made.||If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is it’s composition||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission to be consulted in making recruitment.|
|(i) By direct recruitment through Staff Selection Commission – 50%|
(ii) By direct recruitment on the basis of Competitive Examination(conduct by Circles) restricted to the Gramin Dak Sevaks* of all Divisions of the Circle, who have worked regularly for three years in that capacity , as on the 1st day of January of the year of which the vacancy(ies) belong to as per the guidelines issued by the
|Not applicable||Departmental Promotion Committee (for considering confirmation) consisting of- |
Chairman- Head of Office.
Member: Assistant Chief Accounts Officer and one senior officer to be nominated by the head of office.