MH Circle Compassionate Engagement – Minutes of Meeting
Minutes of the meeting of Committee on Compassionate Engagement held on 07.12.2021 virtually through WebEx to consider the request of dependents of deceased Gramin Dak Sevaks – Maharashtra Circle
A committee on Compassionate Engagement (CCE) to consider the request of dependents of deceased Gramin Dak Sevaks was formed with the following members.
1. Col. S.F.H. Rizvi( PMG Goa) – Chairman
2. Ms. Kaiya Arora (DPS HQ)- Member
3. Ms. Simran Kaur( DPS Pune Region) – Member
The CCE met on 07.12.2021 virtually through Webex as per Directorate orders 17-4/2018-SPG-II/PT-I Dated 27.05.2021 in view of COVID-19 to consider the requests placed before the Committee. Total 105 cases received by the office of Chief Postmaster General, Maharashtra Circle, Mumbai through proper channel during 01.08.2021 to 03.12.2021 were placed before CCE
2. Last CCE meeting for considering the request of dependents of deceased GDS employees was held on 14.09.2021 in which the cases received up to 31.07.2021 were considered. One case was referred to next CCE to get detailed report from the concerned Region/Division as the GDS remained absent from February 2003.
3. Accordingly, the following 106 cases (Listed in Annexure-I) were considered by the CCE:
Cases received from 01.08.2021 to 03.12.2021 =105
Cases referred by last CCE =06
4. As per the guidelines issued by the Directorate, New Delhi vide Memo No. 17-1/2017-GDS dated 30.05.2017, the point system has been dispensed with. There is also no relaxation in basis educational qualification prescribed for GDS post as per the Directorate Memo No. 17-02/2018-GDS dated 08.03.2019. Secondary School Examination Pass certificate of 10th standard with passing marks in Mathematics and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognized Board of School Education of the Government of India/State Government/Union Territories in India shall br a mandatory educational qualification for all approved categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks (ie. BPM, ABPM, and Dak Sevaks) along with compulsory knowledge of local language.
5. The candidates for all approved categories of GDS will be required to furnish Basic Computer Training Certificate of at least 60 days duration, from any computer Training Institute run by Central Government/State Government/Universities/Boards/Private Institutions Organizations. This requirement of basis computer knowledge certificate shall be relaxable in cases where a candidate has studied computer as a subject in Matriculation or class XII or any other higher educational level and in such cases, a separate certificate will not be insisted upon.
6. The CCE considered all 106 cases detailed in para 3 above and after careful scrutiny of all applications along with supporting documents and application of mind, unanimously arrived at the following decisions.
i. All 106 cases considered on 07.12.2021 as listed Annexure-I.
ii. The CCE recommended 98 cases as listed at Annexure-II for engagement as GDS as they satisfy all conditions, found in need of immediate assistance from financial destitution and their liabilities far outweigh the income as per the documents produced. However, their engagement should be subject to verification of all documents vis-a-vis original certificates. Cases where upper age limit it to be relaxed/ belated cases may be placed before HOC as per Directorate orders issued vide letter no. 17-01/2017 – GDS dated 30.05.2017 for final decision.
iii. 7 cases rejected by the committee as listed in Annexure-III with detailed remarks against the name of each applicant.
a. Two cases are rejected for not having precribed educational qualification as they produced Matriculation Certificate from Mumbai Hindi Vidyapith which is not recognised board as per GDS Online Recruitment Portal.
b. Five cases are rejected for not having prescribed Computer certificate/course.
iv. In respect of one case listed in Annexure-IV, the applicant is married daughter. The CCE decided to get detailed report from the concern Region/Division regarding dependency of applicant on her father at the time of his death and recommends to place the case before the next CCE.