Delivery Bag to be used by Postmen assigned to 2- wheeler beats
Specification of Delivery Bag to be used by Postmen/ Delivery personnel assigned to 2- wheeler beats in Nodal Delivery Centres (NDCs).
Order no. 1/2022
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Malcha Marg Post Office Complex
Chanakyapuri, New Delhi-110021
Dated: 03 January 2022
All Heads of Circles
Subject: Specification of Delivery Bag to be used by Postmen/ Delivery personnel assigned to 2- wheeler beats in Nodal Delivery Centres (NDCs).
Kindly refer to this office letter of even no. dated 3rd October, 2018 vide which specifications of Delivery Bag to be used by Postmen/Delivery personnel assigned to 2-wheeler beats in Nodal Delivery Centres for (NDCs) were shared with the Circles.
2. The aforesaid specifications are reiterated as under:
|Bag Dimensions||45 cm × 35 cm × 56 cm (Length × Breadth × Height)|
|Weight of the Bag||Maximum weight 2 kg|
|Carrying Capacity||30 kg or more|
|Material||Waterproof and washable|
|Straps||• Heavy duty fully adjustable padded shoulder straps for carrying the bag on the shoulders|
• Heavy duty fully adjustable padded hip belt with clip lock for locking the bag in the waist
• Adjustable compression tape straps on both sides to compress the bag according to the needs
• Handle straps in the two sides for lifting the bag
|Other requirements||• Padded back for added comfort while carrying|
• Bottle holder on one side for carrying 1 litre water bottle
• Large pouch on one side to carry stationary items
|Branding||Pre-printed India Post logo on three sides of the bag (3xcept the back side of the bag where the carrying straps are present for carrying the bag on shoulder)|
|Colour of the bag||Post office Red (C: 20 M: 100 Y: 100 K: 0) Permanent colour which should not fade after wash|
3. Further, it is hereby specified that the prescribed life of the aforesaid Delivery Bags shall be two years from the date of supply of Bags to Postmen/ Delivery personnel. Upon completion of two years of before, if a Bag, on account of wear and tear, is not usable, replacement thereof should vs ensured.
4. Delivery Bags as per above specifications may, if not already done, be procured/ replaced and supplied to all Postmen/ Delivery assigned to 2-wheeler beats in Nodal Delivery Centres (NDCs) and usage thereof ensured.
(Ajay Kumar Roy)
Chief General Manager
1. DDG (IR&GB), Dak Bhawan, New Delhi-110001, for information
2. DDG (MO), Dak Bhawan, New Delhi-110001, for information
3. GM (Operations), CEPT, Mysuru, with request to upload the order on India Post Website