Medical Reimbursement and permission Approval – Delegation of powers
Clarification sought on Delegation of powers to Heads of Departments in various Ministries/Departments for settling permission cases and for approval relating to medical reimbursement under CS(MA) Rules, 1944
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi- 110 001
Dated: 25 November, 2021
All Chief Postmasters General/Postmasters General
Sub:- Clarification sought on Delegation of powers to Heads of Departments in various Ministries/Departments for settling permission cases and for approval relating to medical reimbursement under CS(MA) Rules, 1944-reg.
I am directed to forward herewith a copy of O.M. No. S. 14025/01/2014-MS dated 5th June, 2014 (copy enclosed) issued by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare on the subject mentioned above for further necessary action at your end.
2. In this connection, it is informed that the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare vide
their ID No.S.14025/35/2021-EHS dated 29.10.2021 have clarified that O.M.No.S.14025/01/2014-MS-dated 05.06.2014 issued by them in respect of CS (MA) beneficiaries is still valid. Permission/reimbursement case of CS (MA) beneficiaries may accordingly be dealt with as per the instructions contained therein.
3. Enhancement of-ceiling rate from Rs.2 Lakhs has been extended upto Rs.5 Lakhs in the CGHS beneficiary case only (O.M. No. S.l 1011/20/2014-CGHS (P)/ EHSS dated 23.11.2016).
Assistant Director General (Medical)
1. Sr.PPS to Secy.(Posts)/Sr.PPS to Director General Postal Service.
2. PPS/PS to Addi. DG(Co-ordination)/Member(Banking)/Member(O)/Member(P)/ Member(Planning & HRD)/Member(PLl)/Member(Tech.).
3. Additional Secretary & Financial Adviser.
4. Chief General Manager, BD Directorate/Parcel Directorate/PU Directorate.
5. Sr. Deputy Director General (Vigilance)& CVO/Sr. Deputy Director General(PAF).
6. Director RAKNPA/GM, CEPT/Directors of all PTCs.
7. Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service, New Delhi.
8. Director General P&T (Audit), Civil Lines, New Delhi.
9. Secretary, Postal Services Board/All Deputy Directors General.
1.0. All General Managers (Finance)/Directors Postal Accounts/DDAP.
11 . GM, CEPT for uploading the order on the India Post Website.
12. Guard File.
13. Spare copies
Government of India
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Department of Health and Family Welfare
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi,
Dated: 5th June, 2014.
Subject: Delegation or powers to heads of Departments in various Ministries/Departments for settling permission cases and for approval relating to medical reimbursement under CS (MA) Rules, 1944.
The undersigned is directed to state that this Ministry has been receiving references from different Ministries/Departments in respect of medical claims for clarification and concurrence even when the admissible amounts calculated are as per the approved rate list. This generates extra burden in this Ministry when the matter can be settled in the referring Ministry itself.
2. The matter has been examined and it has been decided now to delegate powers as follows:
(i). A serving Central Government employee covered under CS (MA) Rules, 1944 who is taking treatment in Government hospital and desires to obtain treatment in a private hospital recognized under CGHS/CS (MA) Rules, the Head of Department may grant him permission for indoor treatment on the basis of medical prescription issued by the concerned Authorized Medical Attendant.
(ii). The Heads of Departments may decide the cases of reimbursement of medical claims in respect of treatment obtained in emergency at private hospital/private nursing home/private clinic, subject to item-wise ceiling as per rates prescribed under CGHS/CS (MA) Rules.
3. It has been decided with the approval of the competent authority to delegate powers to Departments/Ministries to settle all cases where there is no relaxation of rules and the entitlement has been worked out with reference to the rate list prescribed. The delegation would, however, be subject to the condition that the Heads of the Departments/Ministries may settle cases upto the limit of Rs.2,00,000/-(Rupees Two Lakhs only) (worked out with reference to the prescribed rate list).
In respect of payment exceeding Rs.2,00,000/- (Rupees Two lakhs only) but as per the prescribed rate list, the Departments/Ministries concerned may settle such cases in consultation with their respective Internal Finance Division. Only in those cases where the settled rules are required to be relaxed, should the case be referred to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
4. This issues with concurrence of Integrated Finance Division vide CD No.335 dated 28.05.2014.
1. All Ministries/Departments, Government of India
2. DDG(M), Dte.GHS/CMO(SRA), Dte.GHS, Dte.GHS, MoHFW
3. Director, CGHS, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
4. Addl.DDG(HQ), CGHS, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
5. AD(HQ), CGHS, R.K.Puram, Sector-12, New Delhi
6. All Addl. Directors/Joint Directors of CGHS cities outside Delhi
7. Additional Director (SZ)/(CZ)/(EZ)/(NZ)/(MSD), MCTC CGHS, New Delhi
8. JD(HQ), JD (Grievance)/JD (R&H), CGHS, Delhi
9. Rajya Sabha/Lok Sabha Secretariat, New Delhi
10. Registrar, Supreme Court of lndia, New Delhi
11. U.P.S.C. Dholpur House, New Delhi.
12. Office of the Comptroller & Auditor General of India, Bahadur Shah Zafar
Marg, New Delhi .
13. PPS to Secretaiy (H&FW)/Secretary (A YUSH)/Secretary (HR)/Secretary (AIDS Control), Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
14. PPS to DGHS/AS&DG (CGHS)/AS&FA/AS&MD, NRHM/AS(H), MoHFW, New Delhi
15. CGHS(P) Section/ Hospital Empanelment Cell, CGIJS/MG-H Section, Dte.GHS, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi.
16. CGHS: 1/II/Ill/IV, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
17. Estt.I/Estt.II/Estt.III/Estt.IV Section, MoHFW, Nirman Bhavvan, New Delhi
18. Admn.I/Admn.II Section, Dte.GHS, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
19. Integrated Finance Division, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
20. All Officers/Sections/Desks in the Ministry ·
21. Deputy Secretary, (Civil Service News), Department of Personnel & Training, 5th Floor, Sardar Patel Bhawan, New Delhi.