All Facilities for GDSs in DOP in addition to TRCA
The aim of this article is to inform the GDSs About the Facilities available to them in addition to TRCA Please read carefully
Postal Directorate, New Delhi
One GDS asked me:- In addition to the TRCA what other facilities are available to GDS?
The aim of this article is to inform the GDSs
About the Facilities available to them in addition to TRCA
Please read carefully
1. Education allowance of Rs.6000 annual (per child) is admissible for first two children.
2. Financial Assistance in cases of natural calamities, like fire, floods etc. Rs.5000/-
3. Financial assistance in case of GDS Employee suffering from COVID-19 Rs. 20000/- (Maximum)
4. Financial Assistance to Families of deceased GDSs Rs. 10,000/-,
5. Death due to terrorist activity/dacoity, while on duty Rs. 1,50,000/-, in cases of death due to riots, attack by robbers & terrorist while not on duty Rs. 12,000/-, in case of GDSs while being on duty due to accident Rs. 25,000/-, Funeral Expenses on death of GDS (payable in cases in which last rites of deceased GDS are performed by brothers or sisters or near relatives in the absence of any other next of kin) Rs.5,000/-
6. Financial assistance in case of major surgical operation in ailments, like cancer, brain haemorrhage, kidney failure/transplant, heart surgery etc. Rs. 20,000/-, in case of accident of GDS while being on duty, requiring hospitalization for more than three days Rs. 5,000/-
7. Financial Assistance to nutritional diet to GDS suffering from TB (only once for a maximum period of six months, provided the GDS has put in at least six years of services & treatment is taken in government hospital). Indoor Treatment – Rs. 400 p.m Outdoor treatment – Rs. 200 p.m.
8. Grant of Scholarship under educational Schemes to the children of GDS (as per existing terms & Conditions). IIT, AIIMS and IIM Rs. 1000/pm, Fir Technical degree course, Rs 280/- p.m., for Diploma cources Rs.190/- p.m., for BA,BSc., B.com Degree cources Rs. 150/-p.m., for ITI certificate course Rs. 940/-p.a.
9. Incentive for excellence in academic achievement for 10th and 12th Class. In circle/region for 1st Position Rs.1000/- for 2nd position 8pp/-, for 3rd position Rs. 700/-, for 4th position Rs.600/-, for 5th position Rs.500/-
10. Scholarship for physically handicapped children of GDS (for maximum 8 years & per the existing terms & conditions) Rs. 200 p.m.
11. REPAYABLE LOAN (as per the existing terms & conditions)
12. ONE TIME REPAYABLE AT THE TIME OF RETIREMENT.
The scheme will be contributory in nature with a component of grant -in-aid from Central postal Welfare fund of the Department. Each GDS will contribute Rs.20/- per month.
A GDS who has not claimed any kind of claimed any kind of assistance or grant from Circle Welfare Contributory Fund in his entire service will be Paid a lump sum amount at the time of retirement.
Just to help you to avail these facilities,
The relevant Forms have been sent to
Your Sr/Supdt. of post officers and ASPOs/IPOs
Please contact them.
Col. Sukhdev Raj.
Member (Planning & HRD)