Sanction of 3114 new Double Handed Branch Post Offices
The approval of the Competent Authority is hereby conveyed for opening of 3114 new Double Handed Branch Post Offices by creation of new posts (3114 BPM and 31142 ABPM) at Gram Panchayats Headquarter Villages.
40-5/2016-Plg (Pt I)
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi
The Heads of the Postal Circles,
Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Maharashtra,
Madhya Pradesh, Telangana, Odisha and Uttar Pradesh Circle.
Sub: Sanction of 3114 new Double Handed Branch Post Offices for opening in 90 LWE districts-regarding.
The approval of the Competent Authority is hereby conveyed for opening of 3114 new Double Handed Branch Post Offices by creation of new posts (3114 BPM and 3114 ABPM) at Gram Panchayats Headquarter Villages having no Post Offices within a distance of 3 kms in 90 LWE districts in the nine Circles of the country.
The Postal Circles & District wise distribution of these newly sanctioned BOs are as under:
|SI No.||Name of Circles||No. of|
|Name of Districts||Nos of new GDS-|
BPM posts sanctioned
|Nos of new GDS-ABPM posts sanctioned|
2. All the branch post offices should be double handed post offices and each should be manned by one GDS-BPM and one GDS-ABPM 3114 BPM posts are approved. However, the creation of 3114 GDS-ABPM posts for the proposed BOs are approved with the condition that heads of the circles may decide the creation of ABPM posts in view of the requirement, i.e. workload of the BOs, the geographical terrain, local conditions etc and that the overall number of BPM and ABPM posts created in in any case should not exceed the overall sanctioned posts. The recruitment of suitable candidates against these posts are to be made as per the provisions under gramin dak sevak (conduct & engagement) rules, 2020.
3. The expenditure involved shall be met from plan funds under plan scheme-“rural business & access to postal network” for opening and infrastructure requirements. The allowances to BPM and ABPM will be paid from the relevant non-scheme funds. Fund allocation would be intimated separately.
4. The commensurate posts of Inspectors and mail-overseers will get communicated shortly.
5. The process for opening of 3114 Branch Post Offices will be completed by the end of March, 2022. The information of the same may be submitted on a monthly basis along with the revenue generated by them separately for Phase-l & ll. The list of Branch Post Offices to be opened are Annexed for reference.
6. This issues with the concurrence of Integrated Finance Wing, vide Dy N,.121/2021-22,F.A- CS(P) dated 02.11.2021.
This has approval of Secretary (Posts).
Encl: As above
Director (R B)
Copy for information to:-
- 1. Director General (Posts), Department of Posts, Dak Bhawan, New Delhi.
- 2. All Members of the Postal Service Board, Dak Bhawan, New Delhi.
- 3. AS&FA (Posts), Department of Posts, Dak Bhawan, New Delhi.
- 4. DDG(PAF) DDG(CP) DDG(Establishment), Department of Posts, Dak Bhawan, New Delhi.
- 5. All GM (Finance)/ Director Accounts (Postal) of the Postal Circles concerned.
- 6. GM CEPT lvlysore with a request to upload india post website.
- 7. Cabinet Secretariat, Rashtrapati Bhawan, New Delhi.
- 8. Ministry of Home Affairs, LWE Division, North Block, New Delhi.
- 9. Department of Expenditure (Ministry of Finance), North Block, New Delhi.
- 10. ADG( GDS cell) for ensuring inclusion of the same in Recruitment Cycle.
- 11. DDG (Budget) for ensuring payment of allowances from Non-scheme funds
- 12. DDG (CP) for Plan fund
- 13. Sr. PPS to Secretary (Posts)