SB Order 30/2021 – Incentive Scheme for Branch Postmasters
SB Order 30/2021 – Amendment to Rule 3(1) & 4 of Appendix III (Incentive Scheme for Branch Postmasters) of POSB CBS Manual circulated through SB Order No. 09/2018 dated 17.07.2018 – Regarding.
SB Order 30/2021
File No. FS-07/1/2021-FS-DOP-Part(1)
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi – 110001
All Head of Circles / Regions
Subject of SB Order 30/2021 : Amendment to Rule 3(1) & 4 of Appendix III (Incentive Scheme for Branch Postmasters) of POSB CBS Manual circulated through SB Order No. 09/2018 dated 17.07.2018 – Regarding.
Commission at the rate of 1% on the net accretions in PO Savings Account, subject to certain conditions, is paid to the GDS Branch Postmaster. Earlier, the facility of operation of Accounts standing at the Branch Post Offices was available at Account Office / Head Post Office besides the BO where the account stands. At present, the Savings Accounts standing in the Branch Post Office are operated from any CBS post offices and the BO accounts are linked with IPPB Savings Account for Sweep-In / Sweep out facility. Further, other facilities like ATM, Internet Banking and Mobile Banking are also allowed to the Savings Accounts standing in the Branch Post Offices. Hence, the channels for operation of accounts standing in the Branch Post Offices have increased.
2. Hence, the process for calculation of net accretions in PO Savings Accounts for incentive payment has been reviewed and the following provisions in Rule 3(1), 4(1) & 4(2) of Appendix III (Incentive Scheme for Branch Postmasters) of POSB CBS Manual circulated through SB Order No. 09/2018 dated 17.07.2018 are amended. The texts of the amended provisions are given below.
|Rule / Para No.||Texts of the Amended provisions|
|Note 4(b) under Rule 3(1)||The deposits irrespective of mode of deposit (cash, cheque and through withdrawal form) made in the Branch Post Offices where the account stands, will only be considered. The deposits made in the Account/Head Office/Other Offices and other banking channels viz. IPPB, Internet Banking & Mobile Banking etc will not be taken into account.|
|Note 4(c) under Rule 3(1)||All the withdrawals happened in the BO Savings Account including the withdrawals in offices other than Branch Post Office where the account stands, ATM, amount transferred out through other channels like IPPB, Internet Banking, Mobile Banking etc will be taken into account.|
|4 (1)||The GDS Branch Postmaster who is eligible for the commission under the scheme will prepare in the month of April each year a biII in the following form in respect ofthe preceding financial year and submit the same to the Head/Account office duly entered in the BO daily account. While preparing the biII, the instructions at Note 4 under Rule 3(1) shall be followed.|
|4 (2)|| In the account/Head Office, the SB counter Assistant will check the bill received from the GDS Branch/Sub Office in order to ensure that it has been correctly prepared and fill the amount of withdrawals in the bill The amount of deposits will be verified from the BO summaries of preceding year. For this purpose the total amount of monthly deposits and withdrawals will be worked out from the BO summaries by the Account/Head office. |
Note 1: The Branch Post Offices will not be having the withdrawals transactions happened in office other than the BOs, ATM, IPPB, Internet Banking and Mobile Banking. Hence, the Postmaster of the Account Office will generate the withdrawal transactions of BOs in CSI SAP Module using the TCode fagll03, by giving the inputs viz. GL Code 8800100010, Period, Profit Centre of the BO concerned.
Note 2: The Postmaster will fill the withdrawal amount and net deposit for each month in the bill sent by the Branch Postmaster, as per the report generated in CSI SAP and calculate the net accretions. After verifying the deposits amount shown by the Branch Postmaster, the Postmaster of the Account Office will pass the payment.
3. The PROFORMA prescribed in Rule a(1) of Appendix III (Incentive Scheme for Branch Postmasters) of POSB CBS Manual is also amended and the amended PROFORMA is annexed herewith.
4. The above amended provisions will be applicable in case of all unpaid incentive claims. The claims of incentive / commission on net accretions already paid to the GDS Branch Postmaster shall not be re-opened/revised due to the above amendments.
5. This may be circulated to all the Post Offices for information and necessary actions.
6. This is issued with the approval of the Competent Authority.
(T C VIJAYAN)
Asst. Director (SB-I)
- 1. Sr. PPS to Secretary (Posts).
- 2. Sr. PS to Director General (Postal Services)
- 3. PPS/ PS to AddI. DG (Co-ordination) / Member (Bankin$ / Member (O) / Member (P) / Member (Planning & HRD) / Member (PLI) / Member (Tech) /AS & FA
- 4. Addl. Director General, APS, New Delhi
- 5. Chief General Manager, BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate / PLI Directorate
- 6. Sr. Deputy Director General (Vig) & CVO) / Sr. Deputy Director General
- 7. Director, RAKNPA / CGM, CEPT / Directors of all PTCs.
- 8. Director General P & T (Audit), Civil Lines, New Delhi
- 9. Secretary, Postal Services Board/ A-lI Deputy Directors General
- 10.AlI General Managers (Finance) / Directors Postal Accounts / DDAP
- 11. Chief Engineer (Covid, Postal Directorate
- 12. AII recognized Federations / Unions / Associations
- 13. The Under Secretary, MOF (DEA), NS’II Section, North Block, New Delhi.
- 14. The Joint Director & HOD, National Savings Institute, ICCW Building, 4 Deendayal Upadhyay Marg, New Delhi-110002
- 15. GM, CEPT, Mysuru – for uploading the order on the India Post website.
- 16. Guard File
(T C VIJAYAN)
Asst. Director (SB-I)
Name of BO_______________Year________________
|SI.No.||Month||Deposits by Cash and through withdrawal form in Rs.||Deposits by Cheque in Rs.||TotaI Deposits by Cheque in Rs.amount of||TotaI Withdrawals including in Rs.||Net Deposits in Rs.|
Date…….. Signature of GDS BPM
To be filled by the Account Office
Net accretion during the year (in words & figures)_______________________
Total amount of incentive eligible (in words & figures)_____________________
Verified for payment for Rs. (in words and figures)_______________________
Signature of the PA/Postmaster
Passed for payment for Rs. (in words & figures)________________________
Signature of Postmaster
To be filled bv the GDS Branch Postmaster
Received the amount of Rs. (in words & figures)______________________specified above.
Signature of GDS BPM
Download PDF of SB Order 30/2021