SB Order 28/2021 – IVR facility for POSB Customers
SB Order 28/2021 – ‘Interactive Voice Response (IVR)’ facility for customers has been implemented. Through the IVR facility, the customers can avail the following facilities by calling through the registered mobile number at India Post toll-free number
SB Order No. 28/2021
F. No. FS-13/7/2020-FS
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi-110001
All Head of Circles / Regions
Subject of SB order 28/2021 : – Regarding the introduction of the “Interactive Voice Response (IVR)” facility for POSB customers.
Madam / Sir,
The undersigned is directed to say that the ‘Interactive Voice Response (IVR)’ facility for customers has been implemented. Through the IVR facility, the customers can avail the following facilities for National Savings Schemes (Small Savings Schemes) by calling through the registered mobile number at India Post toll-free number 18002666868.
2. The details of various facilities are available for POSB customers through the “Interactive Voice Response (IVR)” system is as under: –
i. Call toll free number 18002666868 (India Post IVR Toll free Number)
|press 1 for Hindi|
|press 2 for English|
|press 5 for account balance inquiry (all schemes) |
(Enter account number followed by #)
| press 6 for blocking of ATM card |
press 1 using Card Number
press 2 using Account Number
press 3 using Customer ID (CIF No)
|press 7 for other Services|
|press 2 for India Post Banking Services (POSB)|
|press 1 for inquiries or transactions on your savings account (SB/PPF/SSA) (enter account number followed by #)|
|press 1 to know the status of cheque issued on your account|
|press 2 to know the details of last four transaction on your account.|
|press 3 to know the details of specific transaction of your account.|
|press 4 to know the interest earned and paid or tax deducted on your account.|
|press 5 to stop payment of cheque of your account.|
|press # to repeat options|
|press * to go to previous menu|
|press 2 for inquiries on transactions on your term deposit account (TD/RD/SCSS/MIS/KVP/NSC) (enter account number followed by #)|
|press 3 for ATM related requests|
|press 1 for ATM card pin change.|
|press 2 to issue a new ATM card|
|press # to repeat options press * to go to the previous|
|press * to go to the previous menu|
|press 4 for more information on postal savings products|
|press 1 for new account and scheme|
|press 2 for debit or ATM card details|
|press 3 for the rate of interest and service charge|
|press 4 for third party products|
|press # to repeat options|
|press * to go to the previous menu.|
3. The above options may be re-arranged in the future if required.
4. It is requested to circulate this amendment to all CBS Post Offices for information and guidance. Adequate promotion of this functionality is to be given for the benefit of POSB customers.
5. Hindi version of this SB order will be issued in due course.
6. This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
Asst. Director (SB-II)
Copy to: –
- 1. Sr. PPS to Secretary (Posts)
- 2. PS to Director General Postal Services.
- 3. PPS/ PS to Addl. DG (Co-ordination)/Member (Banking)/Member (O)/Member (P)/ Member (Planning & HRD)/Member (PLI)/Member (Tech)/AS & FA
- 4. Addl. Director General, APS, New Delhi
- 5. Chief General Manager, BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate / PLI Directorate
- 6. Sr. Deputy Director General (Vig) & CVO) / Sr. Deputy Director General (PAF)
- 7. Director, RAKNPA / CGM, CEPT / Directors of all PTCs
- 8. Director General P & T (Audit), Civil Lines, New Delhi
- 9. Secretary, Postal Services Board/ All Deputy Directors General
- 10. All General Managers (Finance) / Directors Postal Accounts / DDAP
- 11. Chief Engineer (Civil), Postal Directorate
- 12. All recognized Federations / Unions / Associations
- 13. The Under Secretary, MOF (DEA), NS-II Section, North Block, New Delhi.
- 14. The Joint Director & HOD, National Savings Institute, ICCW Building, 4 Deendayal Upadhyay Marg, New Delhi-110002
- 15. GM, CEPT, Mysuru – for uploading the order on the India Post website.
- 16. ADG (OL) for information and Hindi Translation of SB Order.
- 17. Guard File
Download PDF of SB Order 28/2021