Kerala Postal Circle Sports Quota Recruitment 2021
Kerala Postal Circle Issued Notification for Appointment of Meritorious Sports Persons in the Cadre of Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant, Postman/Mail Guard and MTS 2021 – Apply Now
NOTIFICATION FOR APPOINTMENT OF MERITORIOUS SPORTS PERSONS IN THE
CADRE OF POSTAL ASSISTANT/ SORTING ASSISTANT, POSTMAN/MAIL GUARD AND MULTI TASKING STAFF IN KERALA POSTAL CIRCLE
PROSPECTUS CUM APPLICATION FORM
Applications are invited from Indian Nationals in the Proforma (Annexure I) for the Direct Recruitment of meritorious sports persons from open market under SPORTS QUOTA for filling up the vacancies up to 2020 to the following Group ‘C’ posts in Kerala Postal Circle.
- Postal Assistant (PA) in Post Offices/ Savings Bank Control Organisation/ Circle Office & Regional Offices
- Sorting Assistant (SA) in Railway Mail Service
- Postman in Post office/ Mail Guard in Railway Mail Office iv) Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) in Post office/ Railway Mail Office
The recruitment process will be based on the guidelines issued by the Department of Personnel and Training, Government of India vide Memo No.14034/01/2013-Estt(D) dated 03.10.2013 and instructions issued thereto.
SCALE OF PAY
|a||Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant||Rs 25,500/- to Rs.81,100/- in level 4 as per pay matrix specified in Part A of schedule of Central Civil Service(Revised pay) Rules 2016 plus admissible allowances. [Rs 5200-20200(Pay band-I) + Grade pay of Rs 2400/- plus admissible allowances as per pre-revised scale]|
|b||Postman/Mail Guard||Rs 21,700/- to Rs.69,100/- in level 3 as per Pay matrix specified in Part A of schedule of Central Civil Service(Revised pay) Rules 2016 plus admissible allowances. [Rs 5200-20200(Pay band-I) + Grade pay of Rs 2000/- plus admissible allowances as per pre-revised scale]|
|c||Multi Tasking Staff (MTS)||Rs 18,000/- to Rs.56,900/- in level 1 as per Pay matrix specified in Part A of schedule of Central Civil Service( Revised pay) Rules 2016 plus admissible allowances. [Rs 5200-20200(Pay band-I) + Grade pay of Rs 1800/- plus admissible allowances as per pre-revised scale)]|
The crucial date for determining the age-limit shall be 03-12-2021 i.e the closing date for receipt of applications from candidates.
|SI No.||Post||Age Limit|
|1.||Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant||Between 18-27 years (Relaxable by 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST) Upto 40 years for Government Servant as per extant instructions of Govt of India.|
|2.||Postman/Mail Guard|| Between 18-27 years (Relaxable by 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST) |
Upto 40 years for Government Servant as per extant instructions of Govt of India.
|3.||Multi Tasking Staff (MTS)||Between 18-25 years (Relaxable by 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST) Upto 35 years for Government Servant as per extant instructions of Govt of India.|
Note: Relaxation in upper age limit upto the maximum of 5 years will be admissible. This concession will be admissible only to those sports persons who satisfy all other eligibility conditions relating to educational qualifications etc & furnish a certificate in the prescribed form issued by an authority as mentioned in para no 9 (Form 1 to 5 enclosed as Annexure 2)
The detailed cadre wise vacancy position is as follows.
|SI No.||Name of the Division/Unit/Office||Postal Assistant||Sorting Assistant||Postman||Mail Guard||Multi Tasking Staff|
|22.||Savings Bank Control Organisation||1||0||0||0||0|
|23.||Circle Office/ Regional Offices||4||0||0||0||0|
Note: The Chief PMG, Kerala Circle, Thiruvananthapuram reserves the right to post the selected candidates to any of the division/ unit/ office in Kerala Circle depending upon the category of post and also the discipline for which selected
PROBATION AND TRAINING
- Probation: The candidates selected will be appointed and will be on probation as per rules
- Training: The training will be imparted to the selected candidates as prescribed.
EDUCATIONAL AND OTHER QUALIFICATION REQUIRED
(i) For Postal/ Sorting Assistant:-
- The candidates having passed minimum either 12th standard or equivalent qualification from a recognized board or university.
- The candidates will be required to furnish at least 60 days duration basic computer training certificate from a recognized computer training institute before issuance of appointment letter. Computer Training certificates from Central Government/ Sate Government/ University/ Boards etc will also be acceptable for this purpose. This requirement of basic computer knowledge certificate shall be relax able in cases where a candidate has studied computer as a subject in matriculation or class-XII or higher educational qualification and in such cases a separate certificate will not be insisted upon.
- Sports qualification as per para 7 of the notification.
(ii) For Postman/Mail Guard :-
- Minimum 12th standard pass from a recognized board.
- Knowledge of local language i.e MALAYALAM. The candidate should have studied local language i.e MALAYALAM at least up to 10th Standard
- The candidates will be required to furnish at least 60 days duration basic computer training certificate from a recognized computer training institute before issuance of appointment letter. Computer training certificates from central government/ State Government/University/ Boards etc will also be acceptable for this purpose. The requirement of basic computer knowledge certificate shall be relaxable in cases where a candidate has studies computer as a subject in matriculation or class XII or higher educational qualification and in such cases a separate certificate will not be insisted upon.
- Candidates should have a valid license of two wheeler or Light Motor Vehicle. This is applicable only to candidates applying for the post of Postman
- Sports qualification – as per para 7 below.
(iii) For Multi Tasking Staff:-
- Minimum 10th standard pass from a recognized board
- Knowledge of local language i.e MALAYALAM. The candidate should have studied local language i.e MALAYALAM at least up to 10th Standard
- Sports qualification – as per para 7 below.
SPORTS ELIGIBILITY FOR THE POST OF POSTAL ASSISTANT/ SORTING ASSISTANT / POSTMAN / MAIL GUARD/MTS
The candidates with the following qualifications shall be considered meritorious for the purpose of recruitment under sports quota.
- Sportsmen who have represented a State or the Country in the National or International competition in Sports/ games shown below.
- Sportsmen who have represented their university in the Inter University Tournaments conducted by the Inter University Sports Board in the Sports / Games shown below.
- Sportsmen who have represented the State School teams in the National Sports/ Games for schools conducted by the All the India School Games Federation in the Sports / Games shown below.
- Sportsmen who have been awarded National Awards in Physical Efficiency under the National Physical Efficiency Drive.
THE LIST OF SPORTS WHICH QUALIFY FOR APPOINTMENT OF MERITORIOUS SPORTS PERSONS IS FURNISHED BELOW
|SI No.||Name of the Sports/Game||SI No||Name of the Sports/Game|
|5||Ball- badminton||6||Base ball|
|7||Basketball||8||Billiards and Snooker|
|17||Deaf Sports||18||Equestrian Sports|
|31||Kayaking and Canoeing||32||Kho-Kho|
|35||Motor Sports||36||Net Ball|
|37||Para Sports ( for Sports discipline included in Para Olympics and Para Asian Games)||38||Pencak Silat|
|43||Roll Ball||44||Roller Skating|
|47||Sepak Takraw||48||Soft Ball|
|55||Tennis||56||Tennis Ball Cricket|
|59||Tug-of –War||60||Volley Ball|
LIST OF AUTHORITIES COMPETENT TO AWARD CERTIFICATES ON ELIGIBILITY FOR RECRUITMENT OF SPORTS PERSONS:-
[GOI Dept of Per. & Trg., OM No 14015/1/76/-Estt (O) dated 04.08.1980]
|SI No.||Competition||Authority awarding certificate||Form in which certificate is to be awarded.|
|1||International Competition||Secretary of the National Federation of the Game concerned||1|
|2||National Competition||Secretary of the National Federation or the Secretary of the State Association of the Game concerned||2|
|3||Inter University Tournaments||Dean of Sports or other officer in overall charge of sports of the university concerned||3|
|4||National/ Sports/Games for Schools||Director or Additional/ Joint or Deputy Director in overall charge of sports/ games for schools in the Directorate of Public Instructions/ Education of the State||4|
|5||Physical Efficiency Drive||Secretary or other officer in overall charge of physical efficiency in the Ministry of Education and Social Welfare, Government of India||5|
Note:- Specimens of the forms 1,2,3,4 and 5 referred to above are given in Annexure 1
METHOD OF SELECTION-
Selection of candidates will be made on the educational and sports qualification subject to the fulfillment of other prescribed qualifications.
The main aim to result outstanding sports persons is to prepare a best team of sports persons, which may bring laurels to the Circle in All India and other competitions apart from their best performance in official duty. In view, the most suitable and fit candidates will be considered. Selected candidates will have compulsory participation in the circle team during All India Postal tournaments for specified years by the department.
i. First Preference: First preference to those candidates who have represented the country in an INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION with the clearance of the Department of Youth Affairs & Sports.
ii. Second Preference: Next preference will be given to those who have represented a State/ UT in the SENIOR OR JUNIOR LEVEL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS organised by the National Sports Federation recognized by the Department of Youth affairs and Sports or National Games organised by Indian Olympics Association and have won medals or positions up to 3rd place. Between the candidates participating in Senior and Junior National Championships/ Games, the candidates having participates and won medal in senior national Championship should be given preference.
iii. Third Preference: Next preference will be given to those who have represented a university in an INTER UNIVERSITY COMPETITION conducted by association of Indian Universities/ Inter University Sports Board and have won medals or positions up to the 3rd place in finals.
iv. Fourth Preference: Next preference will be given to those who have represented the state schools in the NATIONAL SPORTS/ GAMES FOR SCHOOLS conducted by the All India School Games Federation and have won medals or position up to the 3rd place in finals.
v. Fifth Preference: Next preference will be given to those who have been awarded National Award in physical Efficiency under National Physical Efficiency Drive.
vi. Sixth Preference: Next preference will be given to those, who represented a State/ Union Territory/ University/ State School teams at the level mentioned in categories (ii) to (iv) but could not win a medal or position in the same order of preference.
- Note 1 : Only in the event of tie those who have secured a higher position or won more than one medal may be given in preference, or as per the prevailing rules.
- Note 2 : Participation in individual and team event / item may be given the same preference.
- Note 3 : No preference will be given for winning more than one medal / position
- Note 4 : In case of any doubt about the status of tournament, the matter will be decided by the Department of Personnel& Training in consolation with the Department of Sports and Youth Affairs.
- Note 5 : Decision of the competent authority i.e. The Chief Postmaster General, Kerala Circle, Thiruvananthapuram will be final and binding.
a) i. No person – who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having spouse living; or ii. No person – who having a spouse living, has entered into a contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to service. Provided that Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and there are other grounds for doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
b) Information/ misrepresentation of facts/ unsigned application / form/ without photographs/ without prescribed application fee/ not accompanied by attested copies required certificates / received after due date. No correspondence will be done in this regard.
c) If it is proved at any stage that the candidate has forwarded incorrect or false information in this regard.
d) Application wrongly addressed or received after due date will be summarily rejected, whatever may be reason for delay. No intimation will be sent in this regard.
e) DULY FILLED APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT BY REGISTERED POST OR SPEED POST ONLY. THOSE SENT THROUGH ANY OTHER MEANS, PRIVATE COURIERS AND GIVEN ‘BY HAND’ SHALL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
f) If a candidate desires to apply for more than one post, he/ she may do so by submitting separate applications for each post by additionally remitting requisite fee. Applications for more than one event or more than one candidate received in one cover will be SUMMARILY REJECTED.
g) Candidate applying for more than one game / event shall submit separate application form along with requisite fee and with complete documents for each game / event in separate envelope/ cover and all such envelopes/ covers are also to be sent through Speed post/ Registered post separately.
h) One envelope should contain application form of one candidate for single sports discipline only. Application forms of any candidate for more than one sports discipline submitted in a single envelope/ cover or application form of more than one candidate received in a single envelope/ cover will be summarily rejected. In case more than one application form( of single candidate or multiple candidates) are received in any single envelope, all such application forms will be rejected.
i) If a candidate has changed his or her name or dropped/ added part of his name after matriculation/10+2 or he has changed name after matriculation etc. proof for the change in name such as affidavit, Gazette notification etc. should be enclosed.
j) No correspondence in person, email, telephone etc. will be entertained.
k) The candidate should give an undertaking that he will serve the department for a minimum period of three years, if selected, in the prescribed proforma part 17 of the application form.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO THE APPLICANTS:-
a) Before submitting the application the candidates must carefully read the detailed notification containing eligibility conditions and satisfy himself/ herself that he / she fulfills all the eligibility conditions for the post for which he / she has applied.
b) ORIGINALS CERTIFICATES SHOULD NOT BE SENT IN ANY CASE.( The candidates should produce relevant original certificates only on demand)
c) Attested copies of all the required documents and certificates should be sent along with the application. The documents/ marks lists/certificates submitted on later date will not be entertained.
d) If the prescribed/ required documents are not submitted along with the application, application received after due date will be rejected and no request for revival will be considered.
e) Incomplete or unsigned (on all pages) applications or applications without photographs will be rejected.
f) An application will be rejected at any stage of recruitment process if it is not in the prescribed format/ having incomplete information/wrong information/ misinterpretation of facts/without prescribed application fee/ not accompanied by attested copies of required certificates. Candidates should take utmost care to furnish the correct details while filling in the application.
g) The prospectus along with application form can be downloaded from India post website i.e. www.indiapost.gov.in and Kerala Postal Circle Website; www.keralapost.gov.in Applications purchased from outside vendors will not be accepted and summarily rejected without assigning any reason.
h) The vacancies notified are subject to change without assigning any reason and Department reserves the right to cancel the recruitment if so warranted and the Department will not be liable to return the fee or pay any compensation on the applicant’s application. The Department reserves the right to restrict the selection upto the number of players.
i) Community certificates for SC/ST/OBC/EWS in the prescribed from issued by the competent authorities as in Annexure III, IV & V only is to be submitted. Certificates submitted in any other form or from authorities not competent to issue the same will be ignored.
j) The selected candidates of all posts are liable to serve anywhere in Kerala circle as and when required at the sole discretion of the appointing authority.
k) Once appointed, request for transfer will be entertained as per existing rule.
l) Selection of candidates will be made in accordance with the relevant recruitment rules and administrative instructions issued by the Department of Posts from time to time.
m) If a candidate has changed his/ her name or dropped/ added part of his name after matriculation/10+2 or he/she has changed name after matriculation etc. proof of change in name such as affidavit, gazette notification etc. should be enclosed.
n) No claim of travelling allowances or other expenses will be paid.
o) The selected candidate may be appointed against any of the identified vacancies as mentioned in para 4 of this notification.
1. The candidates shall have to credit Application fee of Rs100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) through e-payment (using Challan Form) in the name of CPMG KERALA CIRCLE (National E-BILLER ID No. 70130), at any of the computerized Post Offices in India.
2. The last date for receipt of application at O/o Chief Postmaster General, Kerala Circle, Thiruvananthapuram 695033 is 03-12-2021.
3. Challan form available with the notification may be downloaded (Annexure VI), fill in completely and fees be paid at any post Post Office through e-payment. The post office shall retain one copy of challan form & Candidate will get Chief PMG, Kerala Circle’s copy & Candidate’s copy.
4.Original receipt of fee issued by Post Office should be pasted on the Chief PMG, Kerala Circle’s copy and must be submitted along with application form, while candidate may retain himself candidate’s copy for future reference.
5.Fee once paid will not be refunded in any case; neither shall be held reserved for any other recruitment nor selection process in future. Also fee paid through any other mode will not be accepted and such application will be summarily rejected.
Note : Women/ SC/ST candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Applications to be super scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ………………………………………….……………. IN KERALA CIRCLE UNDER SPORTS QUOTA” and to be sent through Registered/ Speed post to:
LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATION IS 03-12-2021
DETAILS OF ENCLOSURE :–
(List of attested – photo copies of certificates and documents to be sent).
|(a)||Duty filled application form itself along with signed undertaking form|
|(b)||Certificate, marks-sheet of examination qualifications|
|(c)||Proof in respect of Sports qualification/ achievements|
|(d)||Proof of date of birth|
|(e)||Latest caste/ Community certificate in the prescribed form for SC, ST/OBC/EWS Candidates issued by competent authorities (please see Annexure III, IV & V)|
|(f)||2 latest identical pass port size photograph (5 cm × 7 cm) (on to be pasted in the application and the other sent loose with name and address written in reverse)|
|(g)||Fee payment receipt, if applicable|
|(h)||If a candidate has changed his/her b.e or dropped/ added part of his/ her name after Matriculation/ He. Secondary/ SSC or he/ she has changed hus/ her name after matriculation etc. proof for the change in name such as affidavit, gazette notification etc. should be enclosed.|
Assistant Director (Estt & Rectt)