GDS MTS to Postman Exam 2021 – Delhi Circle
Delhi Circle issued notification for holding of LDCE to the cadre of Postman / Mail Guard for eligible GDS and MTS for the Vacancy Year 2021 – Delhi Circle
DEPARTMENT OF POSTS
OFFICE OF THE CHIEF POSTMASTER GENERAL
MEGHDOOT BHAWAN, DELHI CIRCLE
All Head of Units (Postal & RMS)
No: Rectt/R-2/PM- MG/2021 Dated:30-09-2021
Sub: Notification for holding of Limited Departmental Competitive Examination to the cadre of Postman/Mail guard from eligible MTS and Competitive Examination from eligible GDS for the vacancy year 2021 (01-01-2021 to 31-12-2021) scheduled to be held on 14th November 2021.
The Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (LDCE) limited to MTS officials and Competitive Examination limited to GDS will be held on 14th November 2021 (Sunday) for recruitment/promotion to the cadre of Postman and Mail Guard for the vacancy year 2021 (01-01-2021 to 31-12-2021). Accordingly applications are invited from the willing and eligible candidates in the format enclosed (Annexure-1).
2. The Schedule of activities of the examination is furnished hereunder:
Schedule of the Examination
|Activity||Date of effect|
|1||Last date for receipt of Applications||20-10-2021|
|2||Intimation of the no. of candidates to circle office||29-10-2021|
|3||Issue of Admit cards by the concerned Divisions/Units||08-11-2021|
|4||Date of Examination||14-11-2021|
|Paper-I||1000 hrs to 1130 hrs|
|Paper-II||1145 hrs to 1245 hrs|
*Exam will commence at 1000 hrs sharp and both the Paper-1 & II will be conducted in continuity in one sitting from 1000 hrs to 1245 hrs. There will be 15 minute’s break in between Paper-I and Paper-II, but candidates cannot be allowed to leave his/her desk.
3. Vacancies: The details of vacancies for Limited Departmental Competitive examination from MTS and Competitive Examination from GDSs for the vacancy year 2021 (01-01-2021 to 31-12-2021) is furnished in Annexure-IV.
4. Eligibility Criteria: As per the Department of Posts Postman and Mail Guard (Group ‘C’ Post) Recruitment Rules, 2018 notified in GSR 899(E) dated 20-09-2018 read with Postman and Mail Guard (Group ‘C’ post) Recruitment (Amendment) Rules, 2020 notified in GSR 157 (E) dated 05-03-2020, the following categories of officials are eligible to appear in the examination:
(i) Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) in Level-1 of the pay matrix with three years regular service in the grade as on the 01-01-2021. However, in accordance with Directorate letter No. W
17/16/2021-SPN-I dated 20-09-2021, the relaxation in eligibility service for the vacancy year 2021 will be available as under:
|Vacancy year||Crucial Date||Maximum relaxation of eligibility service delegated to the Administrative Ministry/Department|
|2021||01-01-2021||Upto 3 months for those who have completed eligibility service prescribed in the RRs by 31 March 2021 01-01-2021 2021.|
(ii) Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDSs) who have worked regularly for five years in that capacity as on the 01-01-2021 and fulfilling the following conditions. However, in accordance with Directorate letter No. W-17/16/2021-SPN-I dated 20-09-2021, the relaxation in eligibility service for the vacancy year 2021 will be available as under:
|Vacancy Year||Crucial Date||Maximum relaxation of eligibility service delegated to the Administrative Ministry/Department|
|2021||01.01.2021||Upto 3 months for those who have completed eligibility service prescribed in the RRs by 31 March 2021.|
(a) Educational Qualification: 10th standard pass from a recognized Board.
(b) Age: Maximum age as on 01-01-2021 for UR candidates shall be 50 years, for SC/ST
will be 55 and for OBC is 53.
(c) The candidate should have studied local language (HINDI) at least upto 10th standard.
(d) Knowledge of working on Computer.
(e) The person appointed to the post of Postman shall have/ acquire a driving licence to drive two wheeler or three wheeler or light motor vehicle within a period of two years from the date of his appointment. However, persons with disability shall be exempted from the requirement of driving licence. A candidate not having valid driving licence at the time of appointment shall not earn periodical increment in pay till production of such licence or for a period of five years from the date of appointment whichever is earlier and after production of such licence or expiry of such five years period, pay shall be restored prospectively to the level pay would have reached had the periodical increment in pay was not withheld and no arrears of pay shall be paid for the intervening period.
(This condition is required for recruitment to the cadre of Postman only)
(i) Candidates belonging to Postal Division shall clearly indicate order of preferences in Application form for Postal Divisions excluding Parent Division followed by RMS Divisions.
(ii) Candidates belonging to RMS Division shall clearly indicate order of preference in Application form for RMS Divisions excluding Parent Division followed by Postal Divisions.
(iii) Candidates must exercise preference for all Recruiting Units for consideration in the Proforma at Annexure-ll. In case preference is exercised for a limited number of units and could not be allocated to one of those units as per merit vis a vis vacancy in the category he/she belongs to, he/she will not be considered for other recruiting units not preferred even though a candidate lower in rank to him/her is considered who has opted for that unit.
(iv) Order of preference (as per Annexure-II) once exercised shall not be changed.
5. Pattern & Syllabus of Examination: The examination will be conducted as per the revised pattern and syllabus circulated by Directorate vide letter no. 17-08/2018-SPB- dated 10-05-2019 under Annexure-B read with letter dated 10-06-2019, 20-06-2019, 26-06-2019, 28-06-2019, 11-07-2019 and 23-07-2019 & letter No. 17-08/2018-SPN-I dated 09-09-2021. All these instruction related to Pattern and Syllabus are enclosed.
Note: The “skill test of data entry” will be conducted subsequently as per the instructions issued in the Broad guidelines (Annexure-B) of Directorate letter No.34012/01/2021-DE dated 11-03-2021.
6. Centre of Examination: The examination will be conducted at all Circle Headquarters/Region only. The candidates will have to appear from the respective centres or their Circle only and under no circumstances, they be permitted to appear from other Circle Centres.
7. The application of the APS candidates should be sent to the concerned Divisions only and not to Circle Office.
8. All Head of the units are requested to obtain the application (as per Annexure-I & Annexure- II) from the willing candidates and check their eligibility as per para 4 above and as per provisions mentioned in RRs and instructions on the subject issued by the Department from time to time. Details of the candidates duly recommended/ not recommended should be sent in MS Excel format and hard copy as per proforma given as Annexure-lll by 29-10-2021 positively without delay.
9. No application should be sent to this office with the above said information. Copy of Annexure-II i.e Order of preference given by the applicant (except recruiting units/Division) of all the candidates likely to appear in the said examination should be sent to this office. Hall permits shall be
issued by the unit concerned.
10. If any discrepancy is found in the vacancy position, the same may be informed over phone immediately followed by written communication in due course for amendment if any. The Head of Unit will be responsible for correctness of the vacancies.
11. It is requested to give wide publicity to all concerned and adhere to the activity and schedule strictly.
Assistant Director (Rectr& Estt)
Encl: As above
- Addl Dir Gen APS, West Block-ll, R.K.Puram, New Delhi-110066 for information & n/a.
- Officer-in-charge, P&T Admn Cell, Kamptee (M.R.) for information & n/a.
Download Full Notification in PDF