Rationalization of AAO posts in Postal Accounts Offices in DoP
Rationalization of AAO posts in Postal Accounts Offices in DoP Order Dated 23.09.2021
Government of India
Ministry of communications
Department of Posts
PA Wing, Dak Bhawan
New Delhi – 110001
Sub:- Rationalization of AAO posts in Postal Accounts Offices in DoP – Reg.
In partial modification of this office O.M. No. F No. 237/1/2019/PA Admn II/1372-1462 dated 29.12.2020 and in accordance to the lobo committee recommendations which was constituted for “restructuring of PAOs in view of the CSI implementation” to retain 771 posts of Assistant Accounts Officers in various Postal Accounts Offices and DoP Hqrs. and considering the financial/accounting transactions of PAOs for the last 03 financial years, the AAO posts in various Postal Accounts Establishment are rationalized as below:-
|S. No.||Name of PAOs||Present Sanctioned Strength||Revised Sanctioned Strength|
|9.||Jammu & Kashmir||9||10|
|14.||Maharashtra (including Base Circle)||98||75|
|15.||North East Circle||8||10|
*DoP HQ includes four posts of AAOs in BD Dte, Parcel Dte and PLI Dte (BD – 1, PD – 1 & PLI – 2)
2. Establishment register of all the PAOs and DoP Hqrs. may be revised on accordance to the fresh sanctioned duly approved by secretary (Posts) and concurred by AS & FA.
3. All the Heads of PAOs are requested to consider the following rationalization of Posts-
(a) 03 AAOs from Delhi, Tamilnadu, Maharashtra, One each should be posted in the Post offices where ‘grid reconciliation function” is being carried out.
(b) 01 AAO should be posted by PAO Karnataka at GPO Bengaluru for ATM reconciliation and CBS/Mc-Camish integration reconciliation work.
(c) Circle PAO should post at least 02 AAOs in each Regional Office and Define the responsibility as per the extant instructions.
(d) Responsibility of AAOs deployed in CPMG officers shall also be redefined and communicated to HQRS.
4. All the Heads of PAOs should define the role and responsibilities of each AAOs allotted to the Circle and submit concrete proposal within one month from issue of this order to streamline the PAO structure functionality.
This issues with the approval of the Secretary (Posts)
Assistant Chief Officer
Copy for information and further necessary action to –
- Sr. PPS to Secretary (Posts)/DG (Posts)/Member (F), DCC
- Sr. PPS to AS & FA/Sr. DDG (PAF)/Director, RAKNPA
- Sr. PPS to All Heads of Circle
- Sr PPS to Director PA Admn/Accounts/Budget/IA/FA/T&C/PMU
- Office copy & Spare.