GDS to PA/SA Exam Notification 2021- West Bengal Circle
Conducting of Limited Competitive Examination from Gramin Dak Sevaks(GDS) for recruitment to the cadre of Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants in Postal Divisions/Units for unfilled vacancies of LDCE meant for Postman/Mailguard/Despatch Rider/MTS for the vacancy year 2021(01.01.2021 to 31.12.2021) -West Bengal
DEPARTMENT OF POST
OFFICE OF THE CHIEF POSTMASTER GENERAL
WEST BENGAL CIRCLE, KOLKATA-700012
No: Rectt/ X-13/GDS to PA,SA Exam./2021 dated at Kolkata – 12, the 13.09.2021
Subject: – Conducting of Limited Competitive Examination from Gramin Dak Sevaks(GDS) for recruitment to the cadre of Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants in Postal Divisions/Units for unfilled vacancies of LDCE meant for Postman/Mail guard/Despatch Rider/MTS for the vacancy year 2021(01.01.2021 to 31.12.2021) -West Bengal
In pursuance of Directorate’s Communication no. A-34012/05/2020-DE dated 10.09.2021 following notification is issued:
The Limited Competitive Examination will be held on 24th of October, 2021 (Sunday) for recruitment of Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants from Gramin Dak Sevaks(GDS) in Divisions/Unit for unfilled vacancies of LDCE meant for promotion from Postman/Mailguard/Despatch Rider and MTS to the cadre of Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants for the vacancy year 2021(01.01.2021 to 31.12.2021). Accordingly, applications are invited from the willing and eligible GDSs in the format enclosed (Annexure-I). The schedule of activities of the examination is furnished hereunder:
|S.No.||Activity||Proposed Date (Schedule)|
|1.||Date of Notification||13.09.2021 (Monday)|
|2.|| Last date for receipt of Application form at Divisional|
Office/Controlling Unit from eligible candidates .
|3.|| Receipt of Duly filled in application forms at the |
Regional Office to be sent by Divisional office/
Controlling Unit daily verified.
|4.|| Receipt of duly filled in Application forms at the |
Circle Office (Nodal Officer) to be sent by RO duly Verified
|5.||Issue of Admit Card by DO to eligible candidates||18.10.2021 (Monday)|
|6.||Date of Examination (date & time)||24th October,2021 (Sunday)|
* Exam will commence exactly at 10:00 AM in all the Centres and both Paper-I & Paper -II will be conducted in continuity.
2. Vacancies: The vacancies will be filled up through GDS only if there are unfilled vacancies of promotion quota meant for Postman/Mailguard/Despatch Rider/MTS to the cadre of Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants.
3. Eligibility Criteria:– As per the Recruitment Rules notified in GSR 411(E) dated 21.05.2015. the following conditions are to be fulfilled:
(i) Educational Qualification: 10+2 standard or 12th class pass from a recognized University/Board
(ii) Age: Should be within 30 years of age (relaxable for different categories as notified by the Government of India time to time)
(iii) Service eligibility: Must have put in a minimum service of five years as on the 1st day of January of the year to which the vacancy(ies) pertain to.
Note: The vacancy year has been changed from financial year as provided in the Recruitment Rules to Calender Year in terms of DoPT OM no. 22011/4/2013-Estt(D) dated 08.05.2017 and Department of Posts DO letter no. 137-15/2014-SPB-II dated 07.07.2017 and the crucial date of reckoning the minimum regular service is 01.01.2021.
4. Pattern & Syllabus of Examination: The examination will be conducted as per the revised pattern and syllabus circulated by Directorate vide letter No. 17–08/2018-SPB-I dated 10.05.2019 under Annexure-C which shall be read with letter no. 17-08/2018-SPB-I(pt.) dated 10.06.2019 and 17-08/2018-SPB-I dated 20.06.2019, 26.06.2019, 28.06.2019, 11.07.2019, 23.07.2019 and letter no. 17–08/2018-SPN-I dated 09.09.2021 are enclosed as Annexure-II.
Note:- The ‘Skill test of data entry’ will be conducted subsequently as per instructions issued in the Broad guideline (Annexure B) of Directorate letter no. A-34012/01/2021-DE dated 11.03.2021.
5. Applicants are required to indicate the order of preference of Unit/Division (in a proforma) other than the parent Unit/Division as per letter no. 04-08/2019-SPN-I dated 26.07.2019. The proforma for order of preference is enclosed as Annexure–B.
6.Centres of Examination:- The examination will be conducted at all Region Headquarter only. The candidates will have to appear from the respective centres of their Region only and under no circumstances, they be permitted to appear from other Region Centres.
7. Department vests the power to cancel this notification of the examination, if anything unfair was found during the recruitment process.
8. The candidates who are willing to apply for the examination should ensure that they fulfill/satisfy all the eligibility criteria/conditions/instructions (mentioned at para 1 to 7) for appearing in the examination.
9. Details of the candidates in excel format (in enclosed Annexure-C) may kindly be sent by the Division/Unit to the Region concerned for submitting a consolidated report by the Regional Office (in excel format) to Circle Office.
10. This notification may be given wide publicity amongest all GDSs working in Divisions/Units.
11. This notification is also available on the Departmental website i.e www.indiapost.gov.in and also in Circle website www.westbengalpost.gov.in. 12. This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
Enclosures:- Annexure-I, II & Annexure-B, C
O/O the CPMG, WB Circle,
Copy forwarded for information and taking necessary action to:
1-6. The Postmasters General, Kolkata Region, Kolkata- 700012/South Bengal Region, Kolkata-
700 012/M & BD Region, Kolkata- 700012/ North Bengal Region, Siliguri- 734001, Sikkim State,
Gangtok -737103/A & N Island Region, Portblair – 744101.
All U/E 7. The Director(DE), Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg, New Delhi-110001.
8. The All heads of Unit/Division under West Bengal Circle.
9. All recognized service union in this Circle.
10. The ADPS (TO), O/O the CPMG, WB Circle, Kolkata- 700 012- for uploading the notification in
O/O the CPMG, WB. Circle