GDS to PA/SA Exam Notification 2021 – Bihar Circle
Conducting of Limited Competitive Examination from Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDSs) for recruitment to the cadre of Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants in Divisions/Units for unfilled vacancies of LDCE meant for Postman/Mail Guard/Despatch Rider/MTS for the vacancy year 2021 (01.01.2021 to 31.12.2021) to be held on 24 October 2021.
भारतीय डाक विभाग
Department of Posts, India
– Office of the Chief Postmaster General, Bihar Circle, Patna-800001
1. The Chief Postmaster, Patna GPO, Patna.
2. All Sr. Supdt/Supdt. of Post Offices/ RMS in Bihar Circle.
3. The Manager, MMS, Patna
4. The Supdt. of PSD, Patna
No. R&E-52/LGO Exam/2021(GDS)
Dated at Patna, the 13.09.2021.
Sub : Conducting of Limited Competitive Examination from Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDSs) for recruitment to the cadre of Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants in Divisions/Units for unfilled vacancies of LDCE meant for Postman/Mail Guard/Despatch Rider/MTS for the vacancy year 2021 (01.01.2021 to 31.12.2021) to be held on 24 October 2021.
The Limited Competitive Examination will be held on 24th October, 2021 (Sunday) for recruitment of Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants from Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDSs) in Divisions/Units for for unfilled vacancies of LDCE meant for promotion from Postman/Mail Guard/Despatch Rider and MTS to the cadre of Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants for the vacancy year 2021 (01.01.2021 to 31.12.2021). Accordingly, applications are invited from the willing and eligible GDSs in format enclosed (Annexure-I). The schedule of activities of the examination is furnished hereunder:
|SI.No.||Activity||Proposed Date (Schedule)|
|1.|| Last date for receipt of Application form at Divisional Office/Controlling Unit from|
|2.||Receipt of duly filled in Applications forms at the Regional Office to be sent by divisional office/controlling unit dully verified.||07.1 0.2021 (Thursday)|
|3.||Receipt of duly filled in applications forms at the circle office (Nodal officer) to be sent by RO duly verified.||11.10.2021 (Monday)|
|4.||Issue of Admit card by CO/RO/DO/Unit to eligible candidates.||18.10.2021 (Monday)|
|5.|| Date of Examination (date&Time)||24.10.2021 (Sunday)*|
*Exam will commence exactly at 10:00 AM and both the Paper-I & Paper-II will be conducted in continuity.
Vacancies: The vacancies will be filled up through GDS, only if, there are unfilled vacancies of promotion quota meant for Postman/Despatch Rider/MTS through LDCE to the post of Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant.
3. Eligibility Criteria: – As per the Recruitment Rules notified in GSR 411 (E) dated 21.05.2015, the following conditions are to be fulfilled:
(i) Educational Qualification: 10+2 standard or 12th class pass from a recognized University/Board.
(ii) Age: Should be within 30 years of age (relaxable for different categories as notified by the Government of India from time to time).
(iii) Service eligibility: Must have put in a minimum service of five years as on the 1’day of January of the year to which the vacancy (ies) pertain to.
Note: The vacancy year has been changed from financial year as provided in the Recruitment Rules to Calendar Year in terms of DOP&T OM No. 22011/4/2013-Estt (D) dated 08.05.2017 and Department of Posts D.O letter no. 137-15/2014-SPB-II dated 7 July 2017 and hence the Crucial date for reckoning the minimum regular service is 01.01.2021
4. Pattern & Syllabus of Examination: The examination will be conducted as per the revised pattern and syllabus circulated by Directorate vide letter No. 17-08/2018-SPB-I dated 10.05.2019 under Annexure-C which shall be read with letter No. 17-08/2018-SPB-I(pt.) dated 10.06.2019, and 17 08/2018-SPB-1 dated 20.06.2019, 26.06.2019, 28.06.2019, 11.07.2019, 23.07.2019, and letter no. 17 08/2018-SPN-I dated 09.09.2021, enclosed as Annexure–II.
Note: The Skill test of data entry will be conducted subsequently as per the instructions issued in the Broad guideline (Annexure B) of Directorate letter No. A-34012/01/2021-DE dated 11/03/2021.
5. Applicants are required to indicate the order of preference of Unit/Division (in a proforma) other than the parent Unit/Division as per letter No. 04-08/2019-SPN-I dated 26.07.2019.
6. Centres of Examination: The examination will be conducted at Circle Headquarters/Regional Headquarters only and name of the venue of Examination will be intimated later on .
7. Department vests the power to cancel this notification of the examination, if anything unfair was found during the recruitment process.
8. The candidates who are willing to apply for the examination should ensure that they fulfill/satisfy all the eligibility criteria/conditions/instructions (mentioned at para 1 to 7) for appearing in the examination
9. This notification may be given wide publicity amongst all GDS working in Divisions/Units.
10. This notification is also available on the Departmental Website i.e. www.indiapost.gov.in.
11. This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
Enclosures: – Annexures- I & II
Assistant Director (Rectt.)
Copy to: 1. The Postmaster General, East Region at Patna for causing compliance.
2. The Postmaster General, North Region, Muzaffarpur for causing compliance.
3. The GM, CEPT, Mysore- 570010. He is requested to upload the above notification of Bihar Circle on India. Post Website
Assistant Director (Rectt.)