SB Order 25/2021 – Roll Out of RICT CBS New Version
Department of Posts FS Division issued SB Order 25/2021 regarding roll out of RICT CBS version 126.96.36.199 in RICT CBS Devices from 25.08.2021
SB Order 25/2021
Govt. of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi – 110001
Dated : 24.08.2021
All Heads of Circles/Regions
Subject of SB Order 25/2021 : Regarding roll out of RICT CBS Version 188.8.131.52. in RICT CBS Devices from 25.08.2021.
New RICT CBS Version 184.108.40.206. for RICT devices have been developed and tested. The competent authority has decided to roll out RICT CBS version 220.127.116.11. The patch deployment in RICT CBS devices will be done from 25.08.2021 to 31.08.2021 (1st Iteration/Deployment), 01.09.2021 to 06.09.2021 (IInd Iteration/Deployment), 07.09.2021 to 13.09.2021 (IIIrd Iteration/Deployment)
2. The following changes have been made in the RICT CBS version 18.104.22.168. : –
- Performance improvement:-
- Changes are done to handle slowness during a transaction.
- Devices getting unresponsive during config file Updation.
- Changes made in the RICT CBS application:-
- Validation of Minimum, Maximum limits, and multiples for Account opening, Cash Deposit/Cash Withdrawal are made at the device level through a config file. (No action required by BPM – BPM should wait till the config file is loaded and display on the menu screen.
- Transactions for which response is not received due to network issues will be available under the Transaction Update menu with the status pending. BPM can check & Update the status of pending transactions subsequently i.e. Cash Deposit, Cash Withdrawal, Account Opening, and High Value withdrawal.
- Transaction status will be available for all transactions in Daily Transaction Report (DTR) and failed transactions are also listed separately.
3. Circle are requested to follow the following instruction for a smooth roll out of RICT CBS Version 22.214.171.124. in RICT CBS Devices.
(a) RSI Team will push the new version to the RICT device as per the schedule shared by RSI.
(b) SOP Document with changes in functionality needs to be communicated to all branch post offices having RICT CBS application roll out.
(c) Necessary instructions to be given to BPMs for keeping the device powered on the planned roll out date.
(d) Post successful deployment/version upgrade, BPM can carry out the regular work.
(e) Transactions carried out in the older version will not reflect in Daily Transaction Report (DTR) after the version upgrade. BPM shall be requested to take DTR if it is required for previous dates before the version upgrade.
4. it is requested to circulate the roll out plan, SOP for RICT CBS version 126.96.36.199 roll out instruction to all CBS Post Offices along with RICT CBS Branch Post Offices for information, Guidance and necessary action
5. Hindi version of this order will be issued in due course.
6. This issues with the approval of the Competent authority.
- Roll out plan for RICT CBS version 188.8.131.52
- SOP for RICT CBS Version 184.108.40.206
Assistant Director (SB-II)
- 1. Sr.PPS to Secretary (Posts).
- 2. PS to Director General Postal Services.
- 3. PPS/PS to Addl. DG (Co-ordination)/Member(Banking)/Member (O)/Member (P)/Member (Planning & HRD)/Member (PLI)/Member (Tech)/AS & FA.
- 4. Addl. Director General, APS, New Delhi.
- 5. Chief General Manager, BD Directorate/Parcel Directorate/PLI Directorate.
- 6. Sr. Deputy Director General (Vigilance) & (CVO)/Sr. Deputy Director General (PAF).
- 7. Director, RAKNPA /GM, CEPT/Directors of all PTCs.
- 8. Director General P&T (Audit), Civil Lines, New Delhi.
- 9. Secretary, Postal Services Board/All Deputy Directors General..
- 10. All General Managers (Finance) /Directors Postal Accounts /DDAP.
- 11. Chief Engineer (Civil),Postal Directorate.
- 12. All Sections of Postal Directorate.
- 13. All recognized Federations/ Unions/ Associations.
- 14. GM, CEPT for uploading the order on India Post Website.
- 15. MoF (DEA), NS-II, North Block, New Delhi.
- 16. Joint Director & HOD, ICCW Building, 4 Deendayal Upadhyay Marg, New Delhi – 110002.
- 17. Guard file.
- 18. Spare copies.
Download PDF with SOP of SB order 25/2021