SB Order 22/2021 – Amendment in Rules of Postal Manual Vol II
The SB Order 22/2021 is regarding Amendment is rule 43(2)(vi) of POSB Manual Volume II F.No. FS-61/5/2020-FS Dated 22/07/2021.
SB order 22/2021
Government of India
Ministry of communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi-110001
All heads of Circle/Regions
Subject of SB Order 22/2021 :- Amendment in rule 43(2)(vi) of POSB Manual Volume II – regarding.
This office is receiving various representations from the depositors that they are facing difficulties in obtaining solvency certificate of surety for issuance of duplicate certificates (KVP/NSC) in respect of savings certificates issued before 01.07.2016.
2. Keeping in view of difficulties being faced by the depositors, the competent authority has decided to amend rule 43(2)(vi) of POSB Manual Volume II as detailed below.
3. Rule 43(2)(vi) of POSB Manual Volume II:- This sub rule should be replaced with below text:-
- The surety is adequately solvent or if a bank guarantee is furnished, the guarantee is in order.
- If the indemnity bond accepting authority is not satisfied with the solvency of the surety, solvency may be ascertained through any of the following documents:-
- if he is an employee of the Central or state Government or of a local body Government aided educational institution, Reserve Bank of India, a public sector undertaking or any other body controlled by the Government, to the extent of his salary for 12 months excluding allowances, as certified by the employer.
- on the basis on previous year’s Annual income Certificate, certified by the employer of the surety.
- Solvency certificate issued from the revenue authority having jurisdiction over the estate of the surety.
4. It is requested to circulate these amendments to all concerned for information, guidance and necessary action.
5. This issues with the approval of competent authority.
Assistant Director (SB-II)
- Sr. PPS to Secretary (Posts)
- PS to Director General Postal Services.
- PPS/ PS to Addl. DG (Co-ordination)/Member (Banking)/Member (O)/Member (P)/ Member (Planning & HRD)/Member (PLI)/Member (Tech)/AS & FA
- Addl. Director General, APS, New Delhi
- Chief General Manager, BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate / PLI Directorate
- Sr. Deputy Director General (Vig) & CVO) / Sr. Deputy Director General (PAF)
- Director, RAKNPA / CGM, CEPT / Directors of all PTCs
- Director General P & T (Audit), Civil Lines, New Delhi
- Secretary, Postal Services Board/ All Deputy Directors General
- All General Managers (Finance) / Directors Postal Accounts / DDAP
- Chief Engineer (Civil), Postal Directorate
- All recognized Federations / Unions / Associations
- The Under Secretary, MOF (DEA), NS-II Section, North Block, New Delhi.
- The Joint Director & HOD, National Savings Institute, ICCW Building, 4 Deendayal Upadhyay Marg, New Delhi-110002
- GM, CEPT, Mysuru – for uploading the order on the India Post website.
- Guard File
Download PDF of SB Order 22/2021