SB Order 20/2021 – Abolition of SB Aptitude Test
SB order 20/2021 – competent authority has ordered for abolition of SB aptitude Test with immediate effect – File No 113-01-2017-SB-I dated 20/07/2021
SB order 20/2021
eFile No. 113-01-2017-SB-I
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi-110001
All Heads of Circles/Regions
Subject of the SB order 20/2021 : Abolition of Savings Bank (SB) Aptitude Test – Regarding.
The Savings Bank Allowance had been introduced on 01.05.1989, and was paid to the Postal Assistants working in the SB Branches of the Post Offices. The Allowance was admissible only to those Postal Assistants who were selected to be posted in SB Branch having at least 5 years service with good record and pass the aptitude test / such other test as may be prescribed from time to time for posting in SB Branch. The eligibility criterion in respect of minimum service requirement for attending SB Aptitude Test was revised as one year vide SB Order 16/2011 dated 23.08.2011. The said saving Bank Allowance has been abolished in 7th CPC.
2. The issue has been examined in light of above development, conducting SB Aptitude test has not been found desirable in view of the present changed scenario due to implementation of Core Banking System, rationalization of counters due to introduction of Multi-Purpose counters and others factors. The competent authority has accordingly ordered for abolition of SB Aptitude test with immediate effect.
3. However, Circles has instructed to ensure that the officials engaged in POSB Operation must have completed CBS/Finacle Operation training including Induction training organised by PTC/RTC. Those officials posted in SB Branches should also be specifically asked to keep checking https://www.indiapost.gov.in/ on regular basis for new SB orders, amendments, Latest circulars etc.
4. This may be circulated to all the post offices for information and necessary action.
5. This is issued with the approval of the competent authority.
Asst. Director SB-I
- Sr. PPS to Secretary (Posts)
- PS to Director General Postal Services.
- PPS/ PS to Addl. DG (Co-ordination)/Member (Banking)/Member (O)/Member (P)/ Member (Planning & HRD)/Member (PLI)/Member (Tech)/AS & FA
- Addl. Director General, APS, New Delhi
- Chief General Manager, BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate / PLI Directorate
- Sr. Deputy Director General (Vig) & CVO) / Sr. Deputy Director General (PAF)
- Director, RAKNPA / CGM, CEPT / Directors of all PTCs
- Director General P & T (Audit), Civil Lines, New Delhi
- Secretary, Postal Services Board/ All Deputy Directors General
- All General Managers (Finance) / Directors Postal Accounts / DDAP
- Chief Engineer (Civil), Postal Directorate
- All recognized Federations / Unions / Associations
- The Under Secretary, MOF (DEA), NS-II Section, North Block, New Delhi.
- The Joint Director & HOD, National Savings Institute, ICCW Building, 4 Deendayal Upadhyay Marg, New Delhi-110002
- GM, CEPT, Mysuru – for uploading the order on the India Post website.
- Guard File
(T C VIJAYAN)
Asst. Director (SB-I)
Download PDF of SB Order 20/2021