GDS Trasfer Facilities – Detailed Guidelines from DOP
Directorate (GDS Section) Issued Detailed Guidelines regarding GDS Transfer i.e. Conditions of transfer, Approval of transfer, Manner of transfer – Vide letter No. 17-31/2016-GDS dated 15.07.2021
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi – 110001
Subject : -Limited Transfer facilities for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) – Guidelines thereof.
The Undersigned is directed to to convey the Approval of Competent Authority on the following Guidelines on subject of Limited Transfer Facility for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevak in super session of all previous orders issued on the subject:
Conditions of Transfer
- The Maximum Number of Chances to be provided to male GDS shall be TWO Chances and THREE chances to female GDS in entire term of engagement.
- The GDS may apply for transfer to a maximum of TEN GDS posts, in order of preference , in one Division at a time. The Transfer will be at own cost of the GDS.
- Refusal to accept the Limited Transfer Order shall be construed as one chance of Limited Transfer availed by the GDS. The GDS , however , may have option to withdraw the request within 15 days of the submission of the application for transfer , which will not counted as a chance availed under the Limited Transfer Facility.
- Transfer Request may be submitted anytime during the Year, However the GDS should have completed minimum engagement period on One Year from the date of regular engagement on GDS Post on the date of transfer request.
- Mutual Exchange transfer facility shall be available to all GDS on completion of ONE year engagement period. Mutual Exchange cases can be done immediately on receipt of application subject to fulfillment of eligibility conditions.
- The Transfer orders shall take effect after all verification formalities viz Caste, Education and Police verification report etc. have been completed.
- Transfer Request of GDS who are under put off duty or against whom any disciplinary action, Police case or Court case is pending will not entertained.
- Past Engagement period will be counted for assessing the eligibility for appearing in departmental examination as well as for annual increment. GDS will not have any claim to go back to the previous engagement/Recruitment Unit/Division. However , This would not act as a bar for applying to that old post/old unit under the provisions of this OM.
- When a GDS is transferred at his/her own request and the transfer is approved by the competent authority, She/he will rank junior in the seniority list of the new unit, to all the GDS of that Unit who exist in the seniority list on the date on which he/she joins in new unit, except in case of transfer within the same engagement/recruitment sub Division/Unit/Division.
- The GDS can be transferred on her/his request in follwing circumstances:-
|SI.||Level of GDS||Transfer Allowed (Level of GDS)|
|1.||BPM Level – 1||a. BPM Level – 1 in TRCA slab – 2|
b. ABPM/Dak Sevak Level – 2
(Postal/RMS) in same TRCA slab.
|2.||BPM Level – 2||BPM Level – 2 in TRCA Slab 3|
|3.||ABPM/Dak Sevak Level – 1||ABPM/Dak Sevaks Level – 1 in TRCA slab 1|
|4.||ABPM/Dak Sevaks Level – 2||a. ABPM /Dak Sevaks Level 2 in TRCA slab -2|
b. BPM Level -1 in the same TRCA slab provided that
the GDS has to make accommodation arrangement for
managing BO as per standard prescribed for BO and fulfilling
the condition of educational qualification, Computer
certificate etc. prescribed by the department from
time to time. Before joining as BPM Level – 1,
He/She has to undergo prescribed training for BPM.
|5.||ABPM/Dak Sevak||ABPM/Dak Sevak from Postal to |
RMS and vice-versa in same TRCA slab.
|6.||Dak Sevak in RMS||BPM/ABPM/Dak Sevak in the same TRCA level|
subject to providing standard accommodation
fulfilling the educational qualifications and
computer certificate etc. narrated at (ix) above.
- There will not be any drop in TRCA slab on account of a request transfer and numbers of increments earned by GDS will not be retained.
2. Competent Authority for approval of Transfer :-
|Serial No.||Transfer Requested||Competent Authority|
|1.||Within Division||Divisional Head|
|2.||Outside Division but within same region||Regional Head (PMG)|
|3.||Outside Division/Region but within same Circle||Circle head (CPMG)|
|4.||Outside Circle||Circle Head of both the circles|
3. Manner of Transfer:-
- Application may be submitted to the divisional head on the prescribed proforma attached herewith as Annexure-1. The Divisional Head will obtain vigilance clearance/Engagement particulars from the head of current engagement Unit.
- Necessary action on the applications received shall be taken in following manner adhering to the timelines mentioned herein:-
- A Separate register in prescribed proforma attached herewith as Annexure-II is to be maintained at circle office / Regional office/ Divisional Office for recording transfer requests of all categories of GDS.
- The list of vacant post posts to be sent to Circles office/Regional Office by the last day of every month by the Divisional Head.
- In case more than one application is received for the same GDS Posts, date of submission of application shall be the deciding criteria for considering transfer. Application for transfer submitted on an earlier date shall be considered first. In case date of submission of application and date of joining, Both are same, the Older GDS shall be considered first.
- Transfer request for vacant GDS posts should not considered if such vacant posts have already been notified for GDS engagement. However, such GDS posts which remains vacant after exhaustion of prescribed selection panel, may be considered for accommodating transfer request.
4. The above instructions will come into effect from the date of issue of this OM.
5. Hindi version will follow.
Assistant Director General (PE-1 & SCT)
LO to GDS/PCC