DA Payment to GDS effective from 1st July 2021 – DOP Order
DA Payment to GDS effective from 01.07.2021 – Department of Posts (DOP) issued Order No. PP-14/1/2021-PAP-DoP Dated 26th July 2021
File No. PP-14/1/2021-PAP-DoP
Government of India
Department of Posts
(Establishment Division)/P.A.P. Section
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi – 110001
Dated 26th July 2021
- All Chief Postmasters General/Postmasters General
- Chief General Manager, BD Dte/Parcel Dte/PLI Directorate
- Director RAKNPA/GM CEPT/Directors of All PTCs
- Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service, RK Puram, New Delhi
- All General Managers (Finance) DAP/DDAP
Subject : Payment of DA (Dearness Allowance) to GDS (Gramin Dak Sevaks) effective from 01.07.2021 onwards- reg.
Consequent upon revision in the rates of Dearness Allowance with immediate effect from 1st july, 2021 to the Central Government Employees vide Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure’s O.M. No. 1/1/2020-E-II (B) dated 20th July, the Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) have also become entitled to the payment of Dearness Allowance on basic of Time Related Continuity Allowance (TRCA) at the same rates as applicable to Central Government Employees with effect from 01.07.2021. It has, Therefore, been decided that the Dearness Allowance payable to the Gramin Dak Sevaks shall be at the same rates as payable to Central Government Employees i.e. @28 % (percent) with effect from 1st July, 2021.
2. In view of the unprecedented situation which arose due to the COVID-19 pandemic, three additional installments of Dearness Allowance (DA) which were due from 01.01.2020, 01.07.2020 and 01.01.2021 had been frozen. The increase subsumes the additional installments arising on 01.01.2020, 01.07.2020 and 01.01.2021. The rate of Dearness Allowance foe the period 01.01.2020 to 30.06.2021 shall remain at 17%.
3. The Expenditure on this account shall be debited to the Head “Salaries” under the relevant head of account and should be met from the sanctioned grant.
4. This issues with the concurrence of integrated Finance Wing vide their Diary No. 63/2021-22/FA-CS(P) dated 26.07.2021.
Assistant Director General (Estt.)