SB Order 11/2021 : Regarding re-investment of maturity value of National (Small) Savings Schemes
SB Order 11/2021 : Regarding re investment of maturity value of Small savings schemes Order No. 107-01/2020-SB Dated 21.06.2021
SB ORDER 11/2021
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
(F S Division)
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
All Head of Circles/Regions
Subject of the SB Order 11/2021 – Regarding re-investment of maturity value of National (Small) Savings Scheme in the same or in other National (Small) Savings Schemes.
This Office is receiving lot of queries/representation from SAS Agents regarding re investment of maturity value of any of the National savings schemes for opening/ Purchase of new account/certificate.
To avoid any confusion amongst agents/field units, the competent authority has decided to reiterate the provisions available for re investment of maturity value of any National Small savings schemes for opening of New Account/purchase of certificate either by Account holder directly or through SAS Agents.
The procedure for re investment is given below:
1. For re investment of full maturity value or part thereof either by Account holder directly or through SAS Agent, the Account / certificate holder has to either maintain or open a New Post office Savings Account in the post office.
2. Procedure of re investment by Account holder ( Direct Re investment)
- If an account holder wants to re invest the maturity value of his/her National (small) savings scheme either in full or part thereof , he/she shall submit Account Closure form(SB-7A) for the matured Account, passbook and withdrawal form (SB-7) or POSB cheque of his/her Post office savings account at concerned Post office . Further he/she shall submit the Account opening form (AOF) with pay in slip for new account to be opened.
- If he/she has not provided his KYC documents as per provisions available in GSPR-2018 and KYC guidelines issued from time to time , he/she shall also submit updated KYC documents along with above documents.
- Where Account holder desires to re invest his/her maturity value through SAS Agent in any of (TD/MIS/KVP/NSC) schemes, the account holder shall Handover the following documents to SAS Agent after obtaining one copy of Authorized Agent receipt:
- Passbook/ certificate (KVP/NSC matured).
- Account closure form (SB-7A)
- Account opening form (AOF) of new scheme with pay in slip.
- Withdrawal form (SB-7) along with passbook or POSB cheque of PO savings account.
Note: If KYC documents have not submitted by the Depositor earlier as prescribed in GSPR-2018 and KYC guidelines issued from time to time , he/she shall also submit required KYC documents.
- In acquittance portion of withdrawal Closure form (SB-7) of or backside of pre-printed KVP/NSC Account holder shall write ‘ credit maturity value in to my post office savings account no…….’ and sign.
- In acquittance portion of withdrawal form (SB7) of Post office savings account or on the backside of POSB cheque, Account holder shall write ‘ for re investment in ________ scheme in lieu of closed Account no_______ for rs through the agent _______ (Name of agent and CA number) and sign.
- The counter PA of Post office shall check documents received and if all documents are in order, follow the procedure as prescribed in the rules for Closure of an existing account and Transfer maturity into the account holder’s Post office savings account.
- Supervisor shall verify the Closure of Account.
- After Closure of Account, counter PA shall open new account under Account holder/ minor CIF and during account opening, funding of amount mentioned in withdrawal form (SB7) or POSB cheque shall be done by Transfer from Account holder’s Post office savings account.
- Select agency code of the concerned agent during Account opening.
- Supervisor shall verify the new account opening and funding of Account.
- Counter PA shall Handover the passbook of new account opened, cancelled passbook of closed Account and Authorized Agent receipt duly affix date stamp to the SAS Agent.
3. Procedure of re investment through SAS Agent.
In SAS agency rules/existing procedure , re investment of maturity value through withdrawal form (SB-7) is allowed. However new investment under SAS agency is allowed only through cash ( upto 20000) or by cheque.
- The agent will issue Authorized Agent receipt of the documents mentioned below from the authorized agent receipt book (cheque) with suitable remarks and hand it over to the Account holder as prescribed in the SAS agency rules. Particulars of the matured deposit/ Certificates which are to be reinvested will be written in the place of cheque number on the receipt.
- SAS Agent will handover passbooks of new account, cancelled passbook of the closed Account to Account holder and take back Account holder copy of Authorized Agent receipt and paste on agent’s copy of Authorized Agent receipt.
Note : (I) the reinvestment can be made either for the amount equal to or less amount and up to maturity value credited.
(II) The re investment can only be made under same CIF and in the name of account holder/one of the joint holders/minor under the guardianship of the Account holder i.e. the Account holder of the matured Account shall be the sole Account holder or one of the joint account holders or one of the joint account holders or the new account opened under re investment.
4. It is requested to circulate this amendment to all CBS Post office for information, guidance and necessary action.
5. This issue with the Approval of DDG(FS)
Assistant Director (SB-II)