Children Educational Allowance Assistance : Article from Sri. K.V.Sridharan
|CEA Annual Limit||Rs. 2250 per month per child|
|CEA per disabled children||Rs. 4500 per month per child|
|Hostel subsidy||Rs. 6750 per month per child|
|Hostel subsidy for disabled||Rs. 13,500 per month per child.|
- If one of three children are mentally retarded and unable to attend school, CEA is entitled to third children.
- Examination Fees will also be reimbursable.
- Cost of Books/dress is reimbursable.
- Hostel subsidy is admissible if Govt. servant keeps his children in a hostel/a residential school beyond 50 kms. distance from his residence.
- CEA & Hostel subsidy cannot be claimed concurrently.
- Hostel subsidy is reimbursable irrespective of any transfer liabilities.
- CEA is admissible for more than two children as a result of second child birth resulting in twins or multiple births.
- No minimum age for any child for claiming CEA/Hostel subsidy.
- Maximum age 20 years; disabled child 22 years
- CEA will be paid once in a year after the completion of the academic year.
- CEA is reimbursable for first two years of Diploma course in polytechnic after passing 10th std.
- Whatever be the amount spent for Children education either excess or short the amount fixed will be reimbursed.
- Submission of original bills/receipts or certificate is compulsory for CEA. Certificate/bill is self-attested,
- Physically/Mentally handicapped children are entitled CEA up to age of 22 years.
- Entitled during suspension also; but not during dies no
- If discharged or retired on superannuation CEA is allowed for the whole academic year.
- In case of death or dismissal only up to that month.
Thanks to Mr. K.V.Sridharan, Ex General Secretary, AIPEU Group C