Tamilnadu Circle Guidelines for dealing with COVID19 – Order Dated 26.04.2021
In continuation of this Office letter cited above, the following guidelines are hereby issued.
1. All post offices counters in the circle will remain function upto 2pm and a notice board may be kept at post office about the revised timings and this may be given wide publicity among public.
2. For RMS Offices , the divisional Heads may decide on the number of staff to be brought on duty depending on the flow of mail. SSRM/SRMs should assess the situation and take steps to process speed post , Registered letters and Parcels without delay.
3. All divisional heads should maintain records on the number of staff brought on duty physically and also a record on work from home.
4. In case of POPSK, all appointments already fixed may be honoured. The RPO may be kept informed about the revised timings for restricting future appointments.
5. It is reiterated to ensure COVID19 appropriate behaviour by all staff and public. Adequate hand washing facility for the public /staff may be ensured at all post offices.