DOP instructions for non-disclosure of the identity of the complainant under “PIDPI”
Subject : issuance of instructions for non-disclosure of the identity of the complainant under “public interest disclosure and protection of informer”
This is regarding issuance of instructions for non-disclosure of the identity of the complainant at the time of posting of articles containing material of ” public interest disclosure and protection of informer PIDPI compliant.
2. The central vigilance commission has requested that the name and address of sender should not be insisted on the letters that are marked as PIDPI or “Public Interest disclosure and protection of informer” in order to address the issue of non disclosure of name and address of the sender /complainant while posting / submitting the PIDPI complaints through Posting of article in post office.
3. The competent authority has accepted the recommendation of the CVC and following has been Decided regarding acceptance of envelope super scribed as “PIDPI” or “Public Interest Disclosure and protection of informer” addressed to the CVC as well as CVOs.
Any article addressed to the CVC as well as CVOs, posted with superscription ” complaint under the Public Interest disclosure or “PIDPI complaint” on the outside of the envelope of the article, can be accepted for posting registration and speed post service, without the name and complete address including mobile number and email address of sender.
Note 1: These instructions will Compulsorily be followed in all post offices viz. CSI post offices and NON CSI Post Offices ( meghdoot millenium software)
Note 2: All the Postmasters / Assistant Postmasters/supervisors and Postal Assistants and Branch Postmasters and Assistant Branch Postmasters will scrupulously follow these instructions.
Note 3: Counter PAs/BPMs/ABPMs should also be instructed not to insist for name and address of the sender on booking of such articles the superscription ” Complaint under the public interest disclosure or PIDPI complaint”
4. In the software , ” PIDPI” will be entered against the name and address fields of the sender. At the time of booking of such speed post / registered articles.
5. It is requested to kindly circulate this order to all concerned for information, guidance and necessary action.
6. This issues with approval of the competent authority.