Notification for LDCE for promotion to the cadre of P.S. Group’B’
Notification for Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (LDCE) for promotion to the cadre of P.S. Group’B’ for the vacancies of the year 2017-18, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
Department of Posts has decided to conduct the LDCE (19% for IP Line and 06% for General Line) for promotion to the cadre of Postal Service Group ‘B’ (PS Group ‘B’) for the vacancies of the year 2Ol7 -78 (No vacancy), 2018, 2019 and 2020 as per the following schedule:
2. Applications are invited in online mode from the willing and eligible candidates for which link will be available at ccc.cept.gov.in/Group B application. Hard copy of the application, duly signed by the applicant, is required to be sent to parent office by the applicants. For APS candidates, hard copy of the application, duly verified by the Competent Authority is required to be sent to the concerned Circle Office. The schedule of activities for the examination is as under:
3. Eligibility Criteria: -As per the Recruitment Rules of Postal Service Group ‘B’ cadre, the following categories of officials are eligible to appear in the above examination.(1) For IP line quota (19%), Inspector of Posts and Assistant Superintendents having put in 5 years regular services from joining of IP cadre on the crucial date of eligibility for the examination of particular year;(2) For General Line quota (6%), officials belonging to Higher Selection Grade-I, Higher Selection Grade-II and Lower Selection Grade having put in five years regular service in either or all the three cadres together on the crucial date of eligibility for the examination of a particular year;Note: Postal/Sorting Assistants placed in the TBOP/BCR and. MACP scales, which are only Financial Upgradations, are not entitled to 0 ear or the examination,As per DoP Memorandum No. 9-36/2019-SPG-II dated 26.12.2019, where junior Inspectors of Post who have completed qualifying / eligibility service, are considered eligible for appearing in PS Gr ‘B’ LDCE, the senior should also be allowed to appear in the PS Gr ‘B’ LDCE, provided they are not short of the requisite qualifying / eligibility service by more than half of such qualifying / eligibility service or two years, whichever is less, and have completed Probation period for promotion to the next higher grade alongwith their juniors, who have already completed such qualifying / eligibility service.
4 Crucial date for calculation of length of service in terms of eligibility criteria :
5 Service eligibility conditions for APS candidates: -Service eligibility conditions mentioned above are also applicable to the candidates on deputation to APS.6. Pattern & Syllabus of Examination: – The pattern and syllabus applicable for the said LDCE for P.S. Group ‘B’ cadre has already been circulated by SPG-II Section vide letter No. 9-04/2018-SPG-II dated05.09.2019 and is available in the Employee Corner in the Department of Posts’ official website i.e. www.indiapost.gov.in. A copy of pattern & syllabus of the examination is also attached herewith.
Note: In both the papers, circulars/orders/guidelines/Rules issued upto 31st December of the year preceding the year of examination i.e. 3l”t December, 2019 will be part of the syllabus except the Annual Report and Book of information for which latest report and information available in IndiaPost Website will be taken into account for the purpose.
7. Vacancies:- The category-wise break-up of tentative vacancies to be filled through the PS Gr. ‘B’ Examination scheduled to be held on 08th November, 2020 for the vacancies of the year 2017-18,2018, 2019 and 2020 are given below:
8. Venue for conductions the Examination: The Examination will be conducted at all the Circle Headquarters only. The candidates shall have to appear from the respective centre of their Circle only and under no circumstances, they may be permitted to appear from exam centres of other Circles.
Applicants, serving on deputation in APS, shall also appear from the examination centre of their parent Civil Circles. APS authorities wiII send the Applications of the Applicants, working in APS, to the concerned Nodal Officer of the Circle by furnishing the eligibility details.
9. The LDCE will be conducted on the basis of OMRs, though the application will be invited through online mode.
10. The Competent Authority reserves the right to change or modify the vacancy position, schedule, pattern of examination etc at any time.
11. This notification may be given wide publicity amongst all eligible candidates working in Divisions/Units.
12. Department of Posts Notification no. 4-34012/10/2019-DE dated 18th October 2019 for Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (LDCE) promotion to the cadre of PS Gr. ‘B’ for the vacancies the year 2017-18.2018 and 2019 stands cancelled.Director (DE)