GDS Conduct and Engagement Rules 2020-Revision in Rule 4
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Directorate OM of even number dated 14th February, 2020 and Rule 4 of GDS Conduct and Engagement rules, 2020 regarding Engaging Authority for all Categories of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS).The Competent Authority has approved for following substitution in exiting Rule-4 of GDS Conduct and Engagement Rules, 2020 containing the revised “Engaging Authority” for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS):
- The Engaging Authority in respect to each category of Sevak shall be as shown in the Schedule Annexure to these rules.
- If any doubt arises as to who is the appropriate Authority in any case, the matter shall be referred to the Director General Posts, whose decision thereon shall be final
- Notwithstanding anything contained in these rules, may authority superior to the Engaging Authority as shown in the Schedule under Rule 31 of GDS (Conduct and Engagement) Rules, 2020 may, at any time, either on its own motion or otherwise call for the records relating to the engagement of Gramin Dak Sevaks made by the Engaging Authority, and if such Engaging Authority appears
- to have exercised a jurisdiction not vested in it by any law or rules time being in force or
- to have failed to exercise a jurisdiction so vested; or
- to have acted in the exercise of its jurisdiction illegally or with material irregularity, such superior authority may, after giving an opportunity to such GDS of being heard, make such order as it thinks fit to remove/demise the GDS from Engagement including order for cancellation / rectification of the engagement process