Gujarat Circle Instructions to manage Rush of the customers in Post Offices
Download Postal Blog App from Google Play Store
Gujarat Circle Instructions to manage the rush of the customers in the Post Offices
DEPARTMENT OF POSTS: INDIA
MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATIONS
Office of the Chief Postmaster General, Gujarat Circle
To, By email
- The PMG, Ahmedabad / Vadodara /Rajkot
- The General Manager(Finance), PAO, Ahmedabad
- The Manager(GrA), MMS, Ahmedabad
- The CPM , Ahmedabad GPO, Ahmedabad
- The Supdt, Engineer, Postal Civil Circle, Naranpura, Ahmedabad
- All SSPOs / SRMs /SPOs in Gujarat Circle.
- All Supdt. PSDs/CSD in Gujarat Circle
- All Group Officers in CO, Ahmedabad
- The AO ICO(SB), CO, Ahmedabad
- The Manager RLO,Ahmedabad
- The In-charge, CPC, Shahibaug, Ahmedabad 380 004.
- All Section Supervisors in CO,Ahmedabad
- The Office Supdt. Circle Office, Ahmedabad
- The Sr. PS to CPMG/PS to DPS(HQ), CO,Ahmedabad
No CPMG/Misc/2020 Dated at Ahmedabad the 11.06.2020
Sub : Instructions / Guidelines to manage the rush of the customers in the Post Offices in the Pandemic of Covid-19 Corona Virus Instructions.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, social distancing has become a standard public health intervention around the world. It is proven to be one of the most effective ways to reduce the spread of illness during an outbreak. In this connection, the competent authority has decided that Post offices in Gujarat Circle may adopt several practices such as in-POs social distancing markers, limiting the number of walk-in customers, investing in protective equipment like Thermal screening and offering doorstep service to customer with Immediate effect.
In-POs social distancing markers:
- Outside the gate of POs, at the distance of 06 feet circles with yellow color should be painted so that the walk in customers can stand in the circles maintaining The social distance .
- All the POs must be directed to arrange one MTS (Gate keeper) to arrange the Public in a single Queue outside the gate of POs to maintain the social distancing. The MTS be directed to give sanitizer to each customer and entered the details like name and contact details of the customers, purpose of visit In registers before entering into POs.
- Stickers on the floor showing the “PLEASE KEEP YOUR DISTANCE” should also be adhered to spread awareness.
Limiting the number of customers:
- The PATS can also issue token to the walk in customers and assign the slots of time to visit the POs to utilize the services.
- Only three customers be allowed by that MTS to enter the POs ‘hat too maintaining social distancing. Outside the Counters of the POs, lines showing the queue are drawn so that the customers can stand irk queue maintaining the social distancing.
- If the number of walk in customers Is very large, to tackle the situation, the detail’s of the Customers be entered into the register and customers be a be advised to generate his request on http://ccc.cept.gov.in/covid/request.aspx for the doorstep service.
- The banners and display showing the doorstep services of the Department should also be placed at prominent places.
- Customers can also be advised to utilize the services or ATM & Net banking for transaction of financial services.
- Customers can also be advised to use AEPS (Aadhaar Enabled Payment System) for withdrawal and pension payment.
- Address and phone number of the customer should be taken by MTS so that service can be provided at their door step by Postman.
Assistant Director Postal Services(Staff)
O/o the Chief Postmaster General