What is EDD ? || Understanding about Implementation of EDD and List of Challenges
|Sr No||Challenges/Issues||Expected solution|
|1||Bag Exchange at Post office – Some post offices are capture bag exchange event intermediate between mail office to another post office. Post office software has lack of bag forward option.||It may be provide the bag forward option in DPMS . (if this option is provided in Java IPVS which already facing issue of data flown from moblink to IPVS)|
|2||Bag exchange at Non departmental locations – There are some ST stand , Air Ports and other mail locations where bag exchange happens but there no department office is present therefore there no any real time bag event capture in System.||Creation of Non departmental facility ID , Android App for bag event capture or provide handheld POS terminal device like BO device APP.|
|3||Closings of bag – Post office DPMS software has not option closing of transit bag/M Bag to another PO/MO.||Same as point 1|
|4||Bag exchange at Transit Mail offices – TMO office handles more than 1000 bags (2000 bag events) but due to short time for dispatch, shortage of area for bag sorting hence it is not possible to capture each bag event in IPVS.||Straitening of Transit Mail office. Computer needs much more space therefore need providing POS handheld terminal device which is better for short area, short time despatch at platform, printing of Mail list.|
|5||Data flow from POS Mobilink server to IPVS Data server – The Post office closed bag data in Java IPVS are not flown to IPVS data server even after two days. Due to this, mail office has receive the bag in legacy system which is leads to data duplication and not proper data maintain.||Reduce the time to data flown from POS mobilink to IPVS.
Otherwise if possible provide option of export booking data in encrypted file from POS to local and same should be fetch in DPMS by locating local file. Then bag close through DPMS to Mail office
|6||Duplication of bag event and disintegration of Mail office bag event – Before the rollout of CSI mail office has single mail office entity like RMS Office has letter , register letter, Speed post, register parcel and second class mail branches for sorting and bag dealing has done at single mail agency point. But after CSI rollout disintegrate the all branches and made each facility ID(office) for branch. Due to this need to perform bag despatch , bag receive events at each branch which leads to duplication of work , re-handling of bags , consumption extra manpower and delay of mails .||It is need to be provide option virtual bag transfer which office have same longitude coordinates
For example RMS office braches has same longitude coordinate so RMS facility ID’s can transfer bags from one branch to another. This is better for fast processing of mails.
|7||Issue relates to TMO/RMS sections –
1. Train Carrier Data entry – Each circle has doing separate data entry of RMS section which is leads duplication of schedule.
2. RMS section stop sequence: There is some circle made data entry of only for RMS section running within the circle and not doing full data entry of train stop sequence. This is showing only section transit time within circle and generating single mail list id last changing station, this is not useful for next stop mail office.
3. Railway station stops: There is some sorting mail offices which are located far from the Railway station, these offices are not created Railway station exchange facility ID’s.
4. Mail List summary : RMS section is mail carrier which is need data of number of bags are loaded /unloaded so there is needs system generated Mail list summary which is shows the number of bags by integrating Mail list Id’s.
|1. There is need to be data entry of Full Train Carrier instead of RMS section.
2. RMS section data entry should be at central level
3. Creation of separate RS TMO facility ID
4. The option of Mail list marge, summary print should be provided. (Need to be change layout of Mail list print PDF report)