Consolidated instructions on Life Certificate and commencement of family pension if pensioner / family pensioner is living abroad
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pension Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
Janpath, New Delhi-01
Dated: 20th February, 2020
i. In the case of a pensioner residing abroad, the following methods arc available for submission of life certificate –
submit requisite documents by post to the Embassy/Consulate, including Doctor’s Certificate showing the pensioner’s inability to present himself/herself in person. Embassy of India/High Commission/Indian Consulate may also assist pensioners/family pensioners in submission of the Life Certificate.
ii. For commencement of family pension, after demise of a pensioner residing abroad following procedure will be followed –
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Tel. No.23310 I 08
2. Secretary, CPV and Overseas Indian Affairs
3. Secretary, Department of Financial Services
4. Secretary, Ex-Servicemen Welfare
5. Secretary Posts
6. Secretary Telecom
7. Controller General of Accounts, Department of Expenditure
8. MDs of all the Pension Disbursing Banks
9. Head of CPPCs of All Pension Disbursing Banks.
10. Coordination Division, Ministry of Externa l Affairs, Room No 29 A, South Block, New Delhi-O J. .
11. Central Pension Accounts Officer, CPAO, Trikoot-II, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi. 12. NIC: – for posting on the website of the Department.