Payment of TRCA on Sundays/ Holidays to the GDS working against vacancies
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi – 110001
Subject:-Payment of TRCA on Sundays/ Holidays to the GDS working against vacancies in Postman/ Mail Guard/ MTS Cadre.
In the present set up, Gramin Dak Sevaks are working against the vacant post of Postman/ Mail Guard/ MTS in departmental offices. As per Directorate order no. 47-19/90-SPB-II dated 23.04.1992 regarding grant of paid National Holidays to GDS when appointed against the leave vacancy of regular Postman/ Mail Guard/MTS, these GDS are getting salary for Sunday, if they continuously works for 6 days. Similarly, GDS are also getting 3 National Holidays if it falls on working day, provided he/she works on both the preceding/succeeding working days to the National Holidays. However, no extra payment on account of National Holidays will be made to persons working substitutes of GDS in view of fact that payment of remuneration to GDS is made on monthly basis.
2. Similarly, GDS substituting in Postman/Mail Guard/MTS vacancies are deprived of Productivity Linked Bonus for the period of officiating as Postman/Mail Guard/MTS is on the pretext that they are on Leave Without Allowance.
3. For substitutes, as per Directorate orders no.17-07/2019-GDS dated 09.10.2019, substitutes of GDS who have works in leave vacancies are also paid on the basis of minimum of revised TRCA level of that post of GDS.
4. The matter has been examined and the following orders are issued with the approval of Competent Authority :-
(i) Gramin Dak Sevaks when appointed against the leave vacancy of regular Postman/Mail Guard/MTS, these GDS will get salary for all the Postal Holidays if the Postal Holidays falls on working day, provided he/she works on both the preceding/ succeeding working days to the Postal Holidays. However, no extra payment on account of Postal Holidays will be made to persons working as substitutes of GDS in view of fact that payment of remuneration to GDS is made on monthly basis.
(ii) GDS are when appointed against the leave vacancy of regular Postman/Mail Guard/MTS has to apply for leave without allowance as GDS. There is a difference in Leave Without Allowance for personal reasons and Leave Without Allowance for officiating as Postman/Mail Guard/MTS. In this case, the GDS is on official duty and is contributing to the productivity . Hence GDS while on LWA for official duty, there is no question of deducting this period for Productivity Linked Bonus.
5. The above instructions will come into effect from the date of issue of this O.M.
6. Hindi version will follow.
Assistant Director General (GDS/PCC)
You might also like