SOP, Application form and FAQ for DOP Intra Operable Internet Banking [India Post eBanking]
Standard Operating Procedure – Internet Banking
Department of Posts has introduced Internet Banking facility for Post Office Savings Bank customers for CBS migrated Post Offices.
Eligibility Criteria for availing Internet Banking
a. Customer should have Savings Bank account in CBS Office
b. Either Single or Joint “B” account are eligible
c. Joint “A”, Minor, Lunatic, Illiterate, BO accounts are not allowed for availing Internet Banking
a. Customer should provide a valid Email ID.
b. Customer should provide a valid PAN number
c. Customer should provide a valid mobile number
d. CIF ID should be updated with correct First name, Last name, DOB, Father’s Name, Gender,
valid Identity and address proof, Correct present address, Mobile number, PAN Number and
Mother’s Maiden Name
Procedure to be adopted by the CBS POs for enabling internet banking facility for eligible Savings Bank account holder is as under:
1. Eligible Post Office Savings Account customer may apply for Internet Banking facility. Savings Account must be standing at any CBS Post Office but not in Branch Offices in account with CBS Post Office.
2. Account Holder has to apply for Internet Banking by filling Post Office Savings Bank (POSB) ATM Card / Internet / Mobile / SMS banking service request form. If Account holder has opened savings account after migration to CBS with proper KYC documents, there is no need for taking fresh KYC documents. If Account holder has opened Savings Account before migration, fresh Identity and Address proof as well as photograph has to be taken in single sheet KYC form along with ATM Card / Internet / Mobile / SMS banking service request form.
3. This form has to be submitted only in the CBS Post Office where the SB account stands. If a depositor having SB account in any other SOL wants to apply for internet Banking at any other SOL, he/she has to first get his/her account transferred to the same SOL by following already laid down procedure. CPA/SU should check the current SOL ID of the account which was transferred in either in HACCDET/HACLI menu and confirm the same before enabling internet banking.
4. Once the form along with required documents is submitted, Counter PA should go to IES menu of Finacle to verify signature and photograph of the applicant.
5. Once customer’s signatures and other documents are verified, Counter PA has to ensure that all required fields in ATM Card / Internet / Mobile / SMS banking service request form have been properly filled. Counter PA will invoke CMRC menu and click on modify option. In CMRC menu, Counter PA has to click on Enable Internet banking after ensuring that the eligibility criteria and pre-requisite conditions are fulfilled. Mobile number should be unique for each customer and same mobile number should not be used for any other CIF.