Desired Doctors to continue in their service upto the age of Sixty five (65) years – Railway Board
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi Dated: 20/09/2018
The General Managers,
All Indian Railways
Sub: Option to be submitted by Doctors belonging to IRMS and Dental Doctors under the Ministry of Railways to serve the Government upto 65 years – Reg.
Ref: 1. Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (DoP&T)’s Notification No.GSR.767(E) dated 11.08.18 (Annexure A).
2. MoH&FW’s OM No.A.12034/4/2018-CHS.V dated 13.8.18 (Annexure B).
In supersession of orders contained in Board’s Letters of even number dated 31.05.16 (RBE No.57/2016) and 26.12.2017 (RBE No. 205/2017) and in accordance with the orders contained in the DoP&T’s Notification No. GSR.767(E) dated 11.08.18 amending Clause (bb) under FR 56 of the Fundamental Rules, 1922, the provisions in respect of age of superannuation of doctors of the Indian Railways Medical Service and Dental Doctors under the Ministry of Railways are modified as stated in the Notification.
2. The age of superannuation of Doctors belonging to IRMS and Dental Doctors under the Ministry of Railways shall be sixty-two (62) years unless they exercise the option of posting to a Clinical post depending upon their expertise and experience, as decided by the Competent Authority in the Ministry of Railways from time to time, in case they desire to continue in their service upto the age of sixty-five (65) years.
3. The serving doctors belonging to IRMS and Dental Doctors under the Ministry of Railways who have already attained the age of 62 years or will be attaining the age of 62 years within 6 months from the date of issue of these orders may exercise their option as per the enclosed format within a period of 30 days from the date of issue of these orders. All other doctors would, in future, be required to submit their option not less than 06 months before their attaining the age of 62 years. The Railway doctors should furnish their option through the Personnel Branches of their respective Railway administrations.
4. The serving doctors who fail to exercise the option within the period specified above shall stand superannuated from service on attaining the age of 62 years or on expiry of the period of 30 days from the date of issue of these orders, whichever is later.
5. Posting orders involving inter-Railway transfers and for those working in Boards office will be issued by the Railway Board. Orders of CMSs and CMDs in Zonal Railways who cross 62 years of age and opt to serve in a Clinical post and who are posted on the same Railway itself would be issued by the Zonal Railway administration themselves.
6. Copies of options exercised by the Railway doctors should be forwarded to the Board’s office (Secretary’s Confdl. Cell) for record and necessary action.
7. A list of administrative posts identified by the Ministry of Railways and designations of IRMS officers after 62 years is annexed (Annexure C).
8. These instructions are available online at www.indianrailways.gov.in.
9. These instructions may be brought to the notice of all doctors belonging to IRMS and Dental Doctors under the Ministry of Railways.
10. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
11. Kindly acknowledge receipt. Hindi version will follow.