Procedure for reversal of transaction using HCRT menu in Finacle
- When an erroneously excess deposit made accounts i..e, recently due to server problem when we post the RD bulk lists system credited twice in some of the accounts. For those accounts to reverse the excess deposit we have to use this menu.
Step by step procedure for reversal of Transaction using HCRT menu
- First invoke the menu HACLI and view the ledger for the account which has excess deposit and note the transaction id, transaction date for reversal procedure as shown in the figure
- In our example from the above screen an amount of Rs 1000/- credited twice for the reference number C1806108 which is incorrect. Hence we have to reverse the transaction for this we have find out the transaction id using the below procedure.
- Click on the transaction date as shown in the below figure as shown in the below figure
- After clicking on the transaction then the system will shown the below screen as shown
- From the above note down the transaction ID and transaction date which is useful for reversal of transaction in case of excess credits only.
- Invoke the menu HCRT then the system will shown the below screen as shown
- In the above enter the following details as mentioned below
Verification of Reversal Procedure using HCRT
- In Supervisor login use the menu HCRT invoke the menu HCRT then the system will show the below screen as shown in the below screen
- Then in the above screen select the function as Verify and enter the reference number as shown in the below screen
- Then click on Go then the system will display the message transaction verified successfully.
Checking the RD ledger after Reversal
- To know whether the transaction reversed correctly or not again inquire the ledger using the menu HACLI and enter the RD account which was reversed as shown in the below figure
- From the above screen one can observe the transaction revered for Rs 1000/- and it is clearly visible in the narrative column as REVERSED : C18016108/CASH as shown in the figure.
- Kindly note that all the reversal transactions done will not appear in LOT this is for your kind information.